How can i use my external boss expression pedal FV500H either as a Volume pedal or a Wah Wah ?

• Hi,

I own only one expression pedal a boss FBV500H i mainly use as a Volume pedal.
    I've set pedal2 in system menu as a Volume pedal and it is working fine.

But it seems to be a global setting so that for each rig, pedal2 is a volume pedal.

How can i use pedal2 as a Wah pedal for some rigs and as a volume pedal for some other rigs ?

Thanks a lot for helping me,
    Laurent

Laurent

• Thanks Ingolf,

I feel stupid, i'm not able to have it working, here are my settings (i changed from pedal2 to pedal1):

- in page 4/9 of the system menu : pedal1 : expression (type 1) : Volume
    pedal2 : off

- in page 6/9 of the system menu : "WahPedal to Vol" and "WahPedal to Pitch" buttons unselected

I've got a rig with an active wah wah in stomp A, and when i press on the "RIG" button i can see on page 3/3 :

- "Lock Vol Pedal" and "WahPedal to Vol." buttons unselected.

when i select "WahPedal to Vol." button, i can see the "Pedal Value (Volume") changing on the screen when pressing on the pedal
    when i unselect "WahPedal to Vol." button, i can not see the "Pedal Value (Wah)" changing on the screen pressing on the pedal

I'm certainly doing something wrong, but what ?

Thanks again for your help,
    Laurent

( The version i'm using is 2.2.1.8963B )

Laurent

• No luck for me today, tomorrow will be an other day.
    when i select "WahPedal to Vol." button, i can not see the "Pedal Value (Wah") changing on the screen when pressing on the pedal
    Does it work whatever being the pedal mode ?
    Thanks again Ingolf for spending your time to help me,
    Laurent

Laurent

• I found it in the reference manual at page 26, but i'm still unable to have it working, even with an active wah-wah effect in slot A, i can hear only volume changes, but no wah.
    As it is a Roland pedal, I set pedal 1 type to Volume(type 1) and the wah pedal mode is set to "Bypass @ stop
    Even in system menu, on page 6/9, i can not see any change on CC01.

If you don’t use a volume pedal very often, press “Volume Pedal to Wah”. Now, when a Wah effect is active <==it is "WahPedal to Vol" here
    on the current rig, the wah pedal will act as expected, and a volume pedal function will not be available.

Thanks,
    Laurent

Laurent