Unity Gain

• Hey guys,

planning do use my KPA with 4CM for a few gigs - anyone got an idea how to set it up for unity gain? Master to 0dB is absolutely not unity gain - loud as shit :D

Cheers
    Dan

MJT Strats / PRS Guitars / Many DIY Guitars -- Kemper Profiler Rack / Kemper Remote / InEar

• How do you hook it up? I'm guessing a loop in the D or X spot?

I have never used the loop function on the Kemper so I'm not sure how it's implemented. Does settings on the Output page for Direct out make a difference when used as loop?

Edited once, last by Trazan ().

• I'm not sure if you understand what unity gain is...
    I mean: FX Send of my amp -> KPA -> KPA Out -> FX Return.
    Loop on/off should be equally loud.

MJT Strats / PRS Guitars / Many DIY Guitars -- Kemper Profiler Rack / Kemper Remote / InEar

• I'm not sure if you understand what unity gain is...
    I mean: FX Send of my amp -> KPA -> KPA Out -> FX Return.
    Loop on/off should be equally loud.

And If you disable all slots within the Kemper (stack/effects) that resides after the loop return?

EDIT: Are you not comparing the level of your amp with/without the Kemper connected to its loop? The balancing between your amp and the Kemper (Kemper loop on/off) must be done with rig volume and/or your amp's loop send level.

Edited 2 times, last by Trazan ().

• Nevermind... 4 cable is useless with the KPA. Just profiled the preamp and it sounds better with the KPA.

• No... I think I'll never learn :D
    Sometimes I just want to bring an amp. So I got the EVH. But volume jump with channel 1/2 sucks. Thats the point where things get complicated. So I wanted to compensate it with the KPA in 4CM (because I dont want to press 1337 buttons to go from clean to crunch). But it really doesn't make any sense at all. If I want a simple plug and play setup then I surely don't want a 4CM setup. I could just bring the kpa (with the camplifier in it) and a 3 button footswitch. Sometimes I really am nuts :D :D