FCB1010 expression pedal mod?

• Like many others out there I not very satisfied with the quality of the FCB's expression pedal. I already adjusted the LEDs twice and did multiple calibrations but I can't get it wo work as smooth as I'd like.
    I know that there have been done quite some mods to the FCB. I have found manuals for cutting off the expression pedal, converting it to a external 9V power supply, phantom power and more. What I haven't found yet is a review or anything of someone who cut of the expression pedals and added plugs to use (higher qualitity) external pedals.
    I know that the FCB uses a optical solution but there are small boards attached to each sensor that seem to do a conversion with 3 leads going to the main circuit. My assumption no was that maybe it is possible to simply uses these connections out of the box with a regular poti based expression pedal.
    Has anyone every tried that? With google I found one forum comment somewhere, where a person wrote that you might need an additional resistor but it should work. Unfortunately no further comment and/or review of him actually doing this.
    I was hoping maybe some member of Kemper forum has made some experience with that ?(

• Maybe you should consider this...

Converter to use Line6 FBV Boards with the KPA

Got a FBV Longboard running with the converter since a few days. The firmware still needs minor changes but it´s already the best foot controller i ever had. Though the FCB is great value for the money, the feel of the pedals isn´t very satisfying. The FBV is buit like a tank and the pedals have a very solid feel. Having the Rig Names displayed on the foot controller is nice too...

• @ Tyler: Where and how did you get the converter? There seems to be no official statement in the converter-thread. I asked two times if there's something new to this topic but never got an answer...

I could have farted and it would have sounded good! (Brian Johnson)

• As it happens, I just finished picking up all the parts to do this very mod while we were at the mall today. So, without any further ado, I give you...

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.…CB%20External%20Jacks.jpg

...a really shitty hack job. But hey, it works. And it works pretty fucking well, too. The FCB's pedals are way too stiff and the wah, particularly, always felt like the sound was lagging behind my foot movement. Now I've got my two Mission pedals (SP-1 and an EP-1 with the spring-loaded option, which rules) plugged in, and the difference is phenomenal. I don't know why Behringer didn't think to just make the unit smaller and add two more jacks.

If you do this on yours, the only issue I ran into was getting the wires sorted out. I got all of a) the FCB shutting itself off or making a buzz, b) the pedal working but backwards, and c) the pedal working properly while I was fiddling with them, but it's not going to kill the unit if you get them wrong. I'll try to remember to ID everything when I get the chassis drilled out and go back to attach everything properly... I *think* the red wire in each set coming from the board goes to the Ring, but I'm not sure.