Hi my name is Mitch and I didn't buy an Axe FX II

• Funny way to start an introduction, but I suppose I'm not your average user.

I used to play in a melodic punk band in the early eighties (that unless you follow skateboarding history, you never would have heard of us). But we were sounding not unlike Green Day or Blink 182 long before either existed.

I've never been a great player, but have always enjoyed guitar, and have kept up with buying guitars and music items, even though I haven't been on the performing side of a stage since before most of you guys were born.

I am a concert photographer, so I've done my part of being around bands and despite my age (51) I think the 19 year old me, would still be pretty impressed with my musical taste that runs from Classical, to Jazz, to Punk, to Indian Classical to every form of Metal I can think of, and I can certainly think of a lot.

Every now and then I'd buy a clever box, or download a new plug-in for a DAW that would deal with a guitar model and I'd think "how clever, this almost sounds a little like a (Fill in the blank)" How smart, but you soon realize (just like the old
    keyboards that sampled a single octave and only sounded great in the original sample, not the other 88 keys) that they were very limited, and the seams would show quickly.

Recently I had be playing around with the latest Line Six IOS device and loading profiles and started looking at the youtube videos, especially the ones by Ryan Bruce (Fluff) Keith Merrow etc. and the Kemper caught my ear, I ordered a non-powered lunchbox and figured if I hated it I would return it.

Turns out, I did return it, but for the powered version.

I really don't feel as if I'm using a modeled anything when I play through the kemper, I close my eyes and feel as if I bought several hundred amp/cabinet combinations and magically all found their sweet spot.

Anyway I wanted to ask a few dumb questions, but figured it would follow etiquette to post an introduction here first.

Cheers,
    Mitch

• Welcome! I've been through lots of modellers and never bonded with any of them - all of them felt fake (and only few of them sounded good). Enter Kemper - my gear is done for (I believe) life :).