Direct Out Bug

• I haven't checked this for a while because I haven't played with one of my bands for some time, but apparently since firmware 2.2.0 whenever I select a performance slot which uses the FX Loop the KPA resets the Direct Out in the Master section to "Git+Processing".

In previous firmwares, when I selected a performance slot without FX Loop the Direct Out got back to what I had selected in the Master section ("Off" in my case). That's a problem because I have a talk box in the FX Loop that now gets turned on after the first time I use it until I manually turn it off, which is very annoying (the tube coming out of the Talkbox is right next to my mic and very loud).

Does anyone know if there's a workaround for this? Or when it will be fixed?

If you want to reproduce the problem:

1. Go to the master section and turn "Direct Output" to "Off"
    2. Select performance mode
    3. Create a slot with the FX Loop engaged
    4. Create a slot without FX Loop
    5. Select the slot with FX Loop (I use a MIDI footswitch)
    6. Select the slot without the FX Loop
    7. Check the master section, Direct Out should now be set to "Git+Processing"

• I can replicate this behaviour. Maybe it's intentional?

Thanks for replying Hell-G, that means it's not just my unit then, good to know.

I don't think it makes a lot of sense for a rig with FX Loop engaged to mess with a global setting, so I hope it's not intentional - besides, the behavior of the direct output before fw2.0 was (IMHO) correct. Just opened a support ticket on the matter, we'll see :)