KPA PowerRack / Active Wedge

• Answer to 1) is YES; I have a PowerRack so can definitely say that the powered KPA will do everything that the passive one will (i.e. you can switch off the internal digital amp and just use it the same way as a standard KPA).

However, I don't have a CLR so will leave your second question to someone with better knowledge of one to advise on...

• I think that the general consensus is that an unpowered profiler paired with an Atomic CLR gives you the most imaginable fidelity.

OTOH if you're a guitar cab guy nothing can beat the convenience of a powered Kemper.
    But it doesn't give you the highest fidelity when paired with a guitar cab.

• This. In an active cab, the power amp and the loudspeakers system are (or better: can be) optimized for the coupling. Furthermore, in the active CLR (wedge) you get the DSP which allows you to correct the output in relationship to the cab's position, which is missing in the passive version.

OTOH, there're active cabs (for example the Matrix) where you can skip the power section, as you asked in the OP. If this is a critical point for you, I'd take that (or another one) option into consideration. But, when it comes to absolute sound quality, I think you can't beat a Profiler + an active CLR

:)

• When it comes to the pleasure of owning/using objects, as long as you do not harm anyone, desires can't be discussed IMHO. I believe being childish or not doesn't enter the equation, each of us has to do with themselves, the way we are anyway ^^
    IOW, my position is: do whatever pleases you if you can afford it. Unless you let yourself got taken by remorse after a while LOL.

If you buy the powered version you'll be able to use it with a passive cab (even a CLR if you wish), and you'll also be able to just not use it when using an active cab.
    So a backup option would be to take a guitar cab with you in case the CLR fails. But provide yourself with an adequate number of profiles suited/tweaked for the hardware! Or take a passive, second FRFR cab with you (but chances are, if it's not a CLR, you'll have to tweak anyway).
    Without a passive cab, the additional power module for the KPA won't give you any added security and will be basically useless.

Another option would be to buy the Camplifier retrofit module: much cheaper, stereo, and you can buy it any time later and install it in minutes. But you'll need a second, passive cab anyway for being able to use it.