Victoria Regal II amp profiles are here...

• Here are the profiles for my Victoria Regal II amp captured with a MXL R144 mic. A Strat was used to dial in the amp.

The Regal is point-to-point wired, has tube reverb and tremolo, and mine has a has a 15" speaker and a lush vintage tone.

The Regal can use either one or two power tubes, and any combination of 8-pin power tube (6V6, 6L6, EL34, 6G6, 6K6, 5881..etc..) can be mix and matched at the same time. Power runs from 3 watts to 35 watts depending what tube(s) are in there.

Here are the profiles in PROFILES HAVE BEEN REMOVED~~~I'M GONNA REDO THESE

Or search the Exchange for "Scott Ritchie"

I used a variety of vintage tubes...

[Blocked Image: http://ur2funky.smugmug.com/Music/Thomsley-Guitar/i-5G4LQDD/0/L/DSC_0549-L.jpg]

[Blocked Image: http://ur2funky.smugmug.com/Music/Thomsley-Guitar/i-PHbfJkQ/0/L/DSC_0551-L.jpg]

A Tim pedal was used to up the gain on one of the profiles. The guitar's volume knob works well to clean it up.

And there is a Machine Gun-ish patch...hit the C Stomp Boost for more gain on that one.

Cheers!
    ~Scott

Edited once, last by ur2funky ().

• Will the amp grow or will it stay this way? :D
    Anyway, thanks a lot for the effort! :thumbup:
    Very interesting, because of the different tubes. Excellent work!
    Thanks for sharing.

My occupation: showing teenagers the many hidden secrets of the A-minor chord on the guitar.

• Thanks everybody!

Let me know how these work out for you. These profiles might be a bit single-coil dependent, as it's a mellow amp to begin with, and it was dialed in with a Strat.

• Thank you so much !! lovelly profiles!! And Great photos!! Great AMP!

Have you tried to profile with Humbuckers? Joe bonamassa used Victoria Amps. Cant remember the model , but maybe it was the regal .

Cheers and Keep coming such Beautifull Profiles!! Lovelly amps you have there!!

8o

• Thanks ur2funky,
    Loved em. I hit the favorite button on several. But, fyi, for my set-up, I had to dial down the bass to -5 on all your profiles. Still perfectly awesome sounding like that in my set-up. I'm wondering if a good mic like that is catching low end from the floor. Like if the amp was on a stand instead, it wouldn't sound the same?

And a general question about clean profiles that are at a gain of Zero. Do you use those at gain zero, or do you crank them up a bit?

• Thanks ur2funky,
    Loved em. I hit the favorite button on several. But, fyi, for my set-up, I had to dial down the bass to -5 on all your profiles. Still perfectly awesome sounding like that in my set-up. I'm wondering if a good mic like that is catching low end from the floor. Like if the amp was on a stand instead, it wouldn't sound the same?

And a general question about clean profiles that are at a gain of Zero. Do you use those at gain zero, or do you crank them up a bit?

Hey, thanks for the feedback!
    It's good to hear how these are working on other systems.
    The mic I used is known to be bass heavy. I tuned the mic's placement (the balance of high to lows) using a Atomic CLR in monitor position on a Gramma pad. The CLR has the least low-end response out of my current powered PA speakers (a QSC K8 and a DXR10).
    The Regal has a 15" speaker and generally a more vintage sound. It can be brightened up from where I had the amp set, but I thought I would try and capture this flavor. I was worried it might have come off a little muddy.

Have you tried my Barcelona profiles? Just wondering if you have the same bass response with those, as that amp was profiled a couple feet in the air to decouple the floor.

Not sure on the gain question. I just tried to match the volume starting with a clean profile. I have some of TAF profiles that are much louder than mine and some on the Kemper than are less, I thought I would try to land in between volume wise.

This amp was my second time profiling. I have never mic'ed an amp before these. The Kemper has impressed me with the ease of profiling. Seems the only tricky part is getting the mic set right.

Cheers!
    -Scott

• thanks for posting these. I have a Regal2 as well, so you have saved me a task
    I use single coils into it, and have fitted a 6L6 and 6v6, Lots of the other combinations are great too

cheers!

• I love your Barcelona profiles. I have to aggresively lower the bass on those too. But nonetheless, these are my go-to-fave profiles-to-rule-all-profiles! I think the heavy bass dialed down must the trick for my system. These profiles seem the quietest (s/n) and most versatile of all too! By versatile, i mean i can move around the gain and eqs up or down a lot, and they still sound great.

I don't use any clean profiles that are at gain zero. Dialing up the gain on these gets immidiately fizzy for me. And they all sound the same to me - like a default base profile algorithm? But the Regal profiles that are at gain 3 are still clean and awesome!

Edited once, last by Djuhntt ().

• I love your Barcelona profiles. I have to aggresively lower the bass on those too. But nonetheless, these are my go-to-fave profiles-to-rule-all-profiles! I think the heavy bass dialed down must the trick for my system. These profiles seem the quietest (s/n) and most versatile of all too! By versatile, i mean i can move around the gain and eqs up or down a lot, and they still sound great.

I don't use any clean profiles that are at gain zero. Dialing up the gain on these gets immidiately fizzy for me. And they all sound the same to me - like a default base profile algorithm? But the Regal profiles that are at gain 3 are still clean and awesome!

Thanks again for the compliments!

Let me ask you, are you turning up the front panel gain knob to increase the profile's distortion and have a "pushed" amp sound, or are you doing it to make the clean profile louder?

If you just want it louder and still clean, the Cabinet's volume is a good place to start (hold the Cabinet button). Still need more? Putting a Pure Boost pedal in the X Effects will add even more.

If you're looking for more distortion, I've had better luck reducing gain (distortion) than increasing it. Choose another profile that has more gain and reduce it to your liking.

Cheers!
    ~Scott

• thanks for posting these. I have a Regal2 as well, so you have saved me a task
    I use single coils into it, and have fitted a 6L6 and 6v6, Lots of the other combinations are great too

cheers!

I have tons more profiles with this amp, I just didn't want to overwhelm the Exchange, so I just chose a few representative profiles. If anybody needs anything in particular, let me know, I may have it already!