Just uploaded something special for all you Doug Aldrich/Marshall fans! Merry X-mas ;-)

• Would be curious to know more about how it was micd and what preamps\interface you used??

I thought only 4 guys in the world know how to mic amps?

thanks for sharing OP! I tried this profile and the dsl and that sounded great also! keen to try the other ones!
    thank you for sharing

• Yeah definitely like it this but am I the only that the output of this amp is way louder? I brought down the volume output back to 0 as it was higher, but the profile itself I see my output led close to hitting the yellowish red, I have to bring the cab output down a few db's !!!

• Yeah definitely like it this but am I the only that the output of this amp is way louder? I brought down the volume output back to 0 as it was higher, but the profile itself I see my output led close to hitting the yellowish red, I have to bring the cab output down a few db's !!!

Yeah it's definitely very hot. I brought the volume down and resaved.

• I thought only 4 guys in the world know how to mic amps?

thanks for sharing OP! I tried this profile and the dsl and that sounded great also! keen to try the other ones!
    thank you for sharing

Well there are.... That's why I asked caveman...

If You want smartass answers to your smartass remarks, feel free to inbox me personally and leave your BS out of other people's threads, thanks :)

OP sounds great! Really bright and upfront!

• I was trying to capture the feeling of being in the room with the amp. The sonic shockwave that thundered across the room when i struck the first power chord was brutal, it must have been something like this when Moses parted the red sea :P Perhaps I got carried away a bit and set the volume a wee bit too high, sorry for that. But as some of you already pointed out just roll of the volume a little and you're home!

When I did the profiling I tried different micks and with and without preamp. Also tried different mic positions but this was without doubt the set up that got me closest to the real amp. Did some blind testing with my friends and all of us (independently of eachother) picked this profile as the most accurate and true to the original amp.

Keep on rocking
    /P.

• Here we go again... :wacko:

Goin' down the only road I've ever known!!!

I 'm not sure if it was a pun! I guess not since it's here I go again ... but it's the 1st thing I thought when I seen your post ...

• Posted this in another thread, but here's the better place I think:

Hm...I'm not so sure what to think about this profile. It has way too much high end for my taste, even if I roll off Treble and Presence. Found out that it works better for me when I change the cab. Anyone who noticed this too? Or is it simply the way Doug Aldrich sounds?

I could have farted and it would have sounded good! (Brian Johnson)

Hm...I'm not so sure what to think about this profile. It has way too much high end for my taste, even if I roll off Treble and Presence. Found out that it works better for me when I change the cab. Anyone who noticed this too? Or is it simply the way Doug Aldrich sounds?

What is your guitar? You need something which doesn't sound too bright and has humbuckers (a Les Paul will do). Also, playing this profile (and many others) alone and in headphones doesn't make sense, crank it up and put some Whitesnake backing track on :)

Sounds just like modded Marshall to me and very close to Doug Aldrich gear (for true authentic sound you need his Majix Box signature pedal though).

Posted this in another thread, but here's the better place I think:

I think what you are hearing is the breakup of the speakers from the greenbacks being pushed too hard. This is what " broken up" sounds like, when you mix speaker breakup, power tube OD, and lots of volume in front of a mic...
    That's probably that extra hair you are hearing and feeling