Volumes…arrrhhh

• Please help me sort this out. I feel that I am close but no cigar.

Ok, I have a speaker cable plugged into the main output going to my 4x12 cab.

I have the monitor cab switch to off.

I have everything unlinked.

However when I turn up the master volume nothing happens, but when I mess wight he monitor output level it really sings.

I guess my question is do I have the speaker cable in the right output or what. I am just trying to get volume out of my cab which I can but inly using the monitor output volume and not he master unless I link them, then it is only turning up them monitor volume.

My run down is this, Main output (master left), Monitor output (master left), Direct output (master right), SPDIF (don't use it), main volume (doesn't matter), Monitor volume (this is the one that controls everything), direct volume (0), Headphone (0), SPDIF volume (0), Aux in (0), Aux in headphone (0), Headspace (0)

Those are the setting…am I missing something.

Mojo ?(

:thumbup: "A single note can be short lived but a melody will last a life time." Paul Muller

• You only need to dial up Monitor Volume. It controls the volume for the speaker output (i assume you have the powered version and plugged your speaker cable into the red jack on the back of your profiler). If you can't get enough volume out of your speaker, go to the last page of the output section and dial up Power Amp Boost.

• Hell-G, thanks for the reply. Yeah I have the powered version and yes I did plug into the red jacket on the back of the profiler (speaker output). I was under the impression that the Master volume was the one that should control the overall volume and not the Monitor Volume. Thanks for the clarification on this.

Mojo

:thumbup: "A single note can be short lived but a melody will last a life time." Paul Muller

• The master volume knob controls every volume parameter that isn't unlinked. Since you have everything unlinked, it does nothing.

Among the different output sections, the powered speaker output falls under "monitor volume"; "main volume" controls the (non-powered) L/R outputs that are meant to go to the PA.

• Robrecht, thats make perfect sense now. Why didn't they just explain it like that. Thanks for the break down into smile terms I can understand. I finally got it :thumbup:

• Just a side note: I remember reading, that a speaker cable is not the right one for connecting. Instead you should use normal instrument cables. Anyone who can confirm this?

I could have farted and it would have sounded good! (Brian Johnson)

• Just a side note: I remember reading, that a speaker cable is not the right one for connecting. Instead you should use normal instrument cables. Anyone who can confirm this?

Speaker cable from power amp to speaker, and nowhere else. He has a powered Kemper, so he should obviously use a speaker cable from the power amp output.

• Speaker cable from power amp to speaker, and nowhere else. He has a powered Kemper, so he should obviously use a speaker cable from the power amp output.

You're right, I didn't notice that. But for non-powered-KPAs a speaker cable is the wrong choice IIRC.

I could have farted and it would have sounded good! (Brian Johnson)

• Manchild, my master volume works perfectly also. However, I finally understand how the link setting interact with the master volume control. It is actually pretty cool to be ale to control different output levels with one knob. Understanding that once a certain volume is reach on one that the overall volume will not increase any further.