KPA for vocals

• hi,

I looked up the wikpa and found that some people used their kpa for vocals too. awesome idea! :thumbup:
    So i searched for different terms but didn't find what i wanted to know.

So, can you tell me your experience? The KPA has no voltage power for condensator mic so you need an audiointerface for that, anyway.
    So why do some people upload preamp profiles? don't get the reason because you have to use the preamp of the audiointerface,
    you only can manipulate the signal post mic+interface. Or these guys use only dynamic micros?

yours kamin21

• I think there are 2 possible reasons/scenarios:
    1. use a dynamic microphone and get the flavour of an expensive signal chain with a console plus the outboard gear.
    2. use a condenser plus a mic preamp and still get the flavour of an expensive signal chain.

Actually I haven't experimented with this myself yet, but I'm planning to.

• Man, I've been thinking about this for a while now. It'd be fantastic to have a deesser though it can be fabricated now with tools in hand. But there's so many vocal plugins out there now that can get the job done that it's not worth the pursuit. But then if we could emulate/profile some of the finest mic pre's, wouldn't that be a gas??

Gettin' funky up in here..

• sorry for my late answer....
    thanks for your reponse!

I have no idea how a preamp the sounds of a micro changes. Is it dynamic or EQ or both?
    EQ would be the simplest to do with KPA.

is a deesser a special EQ ? i know what it does, it cuts the s' or z' sound
    can someone post this profiles?

Ingolf it would be awesome if you share your experiences with this.