Rotating speaker rate parameter continuous setting

• Again something that isn't entirely true ... or at least just seen from a pretty one-dimensional approach.
    The drum rotation can give a nice, slow background (or bottom) effect while the horn can be perfectly in sync with the song tempo. This is a really nice effect.
    Also, all the tempo and ramp speed parameters I keep suggesting make things possible, you don't seem to think of. For example:
    Play a solo with a fast rotating horn. Then at the end, you just have a final chord ringing out and you want the rotary effect to slow down to zero over the course of exactly one or two bars. That's what you need ramp speed adjustment for. There's so many things you can do with more speed/tempo related parameters. Just open up your mind a bit and forget about the classic (pretty limited) Leslie. You could even keep that simple Rotary Speaker effect and just add another one with more parameters.

PS: And even the classic Leslie wasn't as limited as the Profiler's Rotary Speaker effect. You could change the drum and horn speed using belt gear disks. Wasn't exactly easy to do, but it was (and is) possible.

• I am not seeking for obvious but smart improvements.
    Smart in my sense is: Not doing everything that is possible but chosing carefully how to expand things, without overloading it by mediocre features that blocks the view for what is important.
    If we took all features that the competition has featured and added our innovations, we had a much too complex device :)

But I don't think we have a holy grail. I am always happy to improve our feature set, as we constantly do. Convince me!

Hi all guys and Mr CK, I perfectly understand that developing 'all' the possible features is impossible, expecially in a period where important thing like RigManager, PedalBoard etc... should have higher priority. What is important for all of us is anyway to have the assurance that You and Your team will still want to improve the effects part of the KPA that is where the machine still have more space for growing. So, if it is a matter of time, OK, we know and we can wait (hopefully not too long) but if it is a matter of attitude, this should be a pity!

So, taking a look on the competitors and import part of their enormous flexibility will not bring the KPA a step back, instead it will enrich the already existing feature and make it even more attractive on the market, believe us! What you did on the Pitch Shifter / Harmonics part for example was fabulous, and there you already demonstrate to have this capacity and this will...

Among these improvements, the rotating speaker rate parameter continuous setting and the adds on the delays are for sure very attractive and important for a big part of our community.

Thanks ;)

• A number of users have asked for syncing that tremolo to the tempo. But this idea is based on a misconception. Both rotors on a Leslie rotate out of sync. This assyncronicity is one of the secrets of the sound.
    To sync it to the music, both rotors needed to be in sync, but it would loose some of its authenticity.

Despite the asynchronous behavior of the rotors, to my ears there is a clearly audible regular tremolo rate, maybe because one of the rotors is dominant. Why not have both speeds continuously adjustable, either independently or linked by whatever ratio is currently used? Anyway, I appreciate the dialog.

• I suggest the Leslie remain the same - an authentic Leslie effect.

BUT, a NEW effect could be considered, and maybe added in the future, with the kind of features some people are asking about.

With a new effect, and a different name for it, it could be a tap tempo modulation effect that is not available on any other device.

Yes! This would be great!

• ^ ^ And this is what I'd give my vote for till now.

PS: I can't really see how having a continuous speed parameter would harm or make things to complex or "heavy" to manage. Presets would ensure philology would be honoured!
    OTOH, what I can't see is really meaningless at the end (no pun intended).

:)

• My favorite sound with the rotating speaker effect is the speed and different rates between the horn and bass at acceleration or deceleration close to the slow setting. The ability to set this as a fixed slow or fast ( or even intermediate) speed would be great!

• Alternatively, the authentic Leslie effect could become a preset of the Rotary Speaker effect.

Exactly!! I have commented on this in a newer thread, having never seen this original thread, as Don Peterson pointed to me.

CK, you are wonderful, as is your grand scheme in the world of guitar magic. I intend no insult. I simply wonder why we, as guitarists, must be constrained by the design of the original Leslie cabinet, which is of course not even designed for guitars, when your engineers continuously perform miraculous leaps above and beyond the realm of simply replicating old gadgets, and replace them with newer, much more sophistocated designs which only enhance our magical, musical realm, Your posts seem resistant to change in this one arena, which is puzzling considering how ground breaking your technology is in general to all of us. Please, reconsider this. Is it technologically difficult compared to other enhancements you've made? I for one doubt that very much, but appreciate all you've done for us mere players. Thank you, and on to the future!!

Gary ô¿ô

• I haven't yet downloaded the new OS. I see the Rotary Speaker factory rig has been altered. Can anyone give any details as to what's changed? And does it have anything to do with the subject of this thread?

Gary ô¿ô