Thanks kemper and need some simple advice

• I have had my Kemper for 2 weeks and I can't stop playing it. Awesome and thanks again to Kemper.

Now right now I'am using a Marshall 4x12 cab with 2 Celestion Vintage 30s in a x-pattern and I love it with the high gain stuff and classic rock but not so much on the Fen cleans and vox profiles. So my ? is any advice on a 2x12 cab for the clean chime and blues growl is welcomed. I'am leaning towards a Dr Z best or a Avatar cab with a Celestion gold and a Celestion heritage. I prefer cabs over FRFR(old school)

I know this has been asked but I want to wait for the Kemper footswitch(if its even going to happen) or bite the bullet and buy a midi foot controller. Its would make using the KPA live a lot more pleasing. advise also welcomed.

• Concerning the cabs or the speakers there is no simple solution. Every cab or speaker type will colour the sound so much that you will lose a lot of the authencity of a profile that has a totally different speaker layout. A Marshall profile will never sound like a Marshall when played over Fender style Jensen speakers. On the other hand a Fender profile will never sound like a Fender when played over a 1960 Marshall. The only way is to go FRFR. Use a neutral sounding active monitor like the Yamaha DXR or the Atomic CLR.

• Hey Tyler I have looked into Atomic CLR, I have the powered rack so would I get the passive model ? I do get great Marshall sounds thru my 1960 cab along with other HG models but your right the Fender cleans and boutique amps don't sound great thru the 1960a.

I really need a easy to move cab that can be used for mostly blues. I use my 1960a for band settings(80s metal and classic rock covers) and love it.

Thanks for the help

• Hi Manchild. I have one of these that I use with my PowerRack, play almost exclusively Fender profiles, and I haven't had a problem. In fact, the lead guitarist in a surf band I play with (who's a bit of a purist and plays through an original Super Six from the 60's) commented on how great it sounded at a small gig we played the other night. The 60's Deluxe Reverb I usually use is being serviced, you see. (By the way, if anyone's interested, I used my Strymon El Capistan on the shortest delay possible with the spring reverb emulation turned fully up and the mix knob at 12 o'clock in a stomp slot as a mono loop, to get that surf reverb wash in the absence of a spring reverb in the Kemper. Bit of a blag, but it sounded pretty damn good!)

Cheers,
    Sam

• Thanks guys for the advice. I took my KPA to a local music shop and played thru a Dr Z 2x12 best cab and Yamaha DXR's which I was not sold on.I understand that it needs more tweaking but I bought the Dr Z 2x12 cab because it sounds like heaven. I will add after I purchase a Liquid foot midi controller I will purchase a Atomic CLR passive but right now a 2x12 works better for me.

Thanks again