Atomic CLR - Not all it's cracked up to be?

• On the same subject, how would you CLR users compare them to a studio reference monitor? Which is more accurate? Obviously, monitors can't be a stage solution because they can't compete with other instruments, but for home use and tweaking profiles?

Mhhh... I find he question being slightly misleading; it assumes all the reference monitors sound the same. It would be like asking "how do FRFR cabs sound".
    Any serious comparison has to be made between specific models IMO. Ingolf's answer is quite proper in thos respect :)

I'd also note that a profile is too simple a sound for a proper "by ear" comparison or even evaluation. A full music program (best if a live recording of acoustic instruments with few mics) would make for a much better test, specially if you're already well familiar with the program through other loudspeakers.

• After reading the different repossess here to the OP experience or opinion and also trying to understand the OP perception of the CLR or in general speakers and modeler based amps I feel that there's one conclusion to make....

You just don't like how a modeler paired with a FRFR speaker sounds....it is completely differnt than playing and listening back to an amp. Even tho you might think that you know that, your reaction tells otherwise.

It's completely ok to not like it. I can understand your frustration especially since you had to spent money on the KPA or the CLR.

All the point that where made here about adjusting EQ or profile settings , using different profiles and also how to really understand the CLR and how to place it to achieve the most optimized sound are all spot on.

I have and use the CLR wedge and I use the QSR K12 a lot during clinics when traveling and even tho I can tell a difference in the sound projected and I have to adjust for that I never made a bad experience ...

I hope you'll give it another chance and try different settings :)