Lateral Collateral Knowledge

• So, I bought Till's Chimera profile pack and found some of them to be a bit bright and sometimes harsh for my particular taste. I read a discussion about Chimera profile pack and some folks had a similar opinion. BUT, several folks suggested lowering the "Definition" parameter. I gave it a shot...WOW! what a huge difference. I'm really enjoying Till's profiles now that I've discovered the power of the definition parameter setting. In fact, Till wrote that he thought it was one of the most powerful modifiers in the Kemper.

This got me thinking about my other profiles that may seem a bit bright or somewhat harsh. I recently bought the Soldano SLO 100 profile from TAF. The profile sounds pretty good to me but, again, it sounds somewhat bright and harsh. Well, I pulled the definition parameter back a bit and it now sounds amazing. In fact, with the definition set lower, I was able to add a tad more gain for a more liquid lead tone while keeping the tone of the profile where I want it and without harshness.

Always learning...learning...learning. :D