Playing live through guitar cabinet

• I have searched for the correct setup but I am still confused.
    I tried the Kemper first time during band rehearsal and it sounded aweful!!

Setup:
    Kemper (the one with power amp) into a 1x12 Vox cabinet.

What are the correct settings for:
    1) CabMonitorOff: Does is need to be checked? Or not?
    2) Monitor out: Stack or Master Mono ? Or...?

Thanks!

Rainer

• I'm finding the Kemper + real guitar cab is very speaker dependent. Some sound good, others don't.

You're supposed to turn off the cab sims when using it this way. But, I actually found that some of the profiles better with it left on, and made further EQ adjustments. Usually raising the Treble and/or Presence.

• Use monitor out with cab monitor off CHECKED.
    Monitor out master mono.

• Yes. It is an open cabinet.

I'm not very experienced with this style of cab. What kind of sound are you after? I can imagine that your vox cab will not deliver a high gain wall of sound. You need to audition and tweak your rigs at gig level in order to get them sounding right on that cab. I assume you've been using the Profiler at home monitoring through headphones or (studio) monitors? The sounds you tweaked at home will most probably not work well on the Vox Box.

• Mine sounds fine. Use a Powerhead via the speaker output into a small 1X12 old Lopoline cab with a Weber Vintage 12f 16 ohm 100w speaker, open backed. Sounds great and the bandmates agree. I expect my Beyma 12GA50 to arrive tomorrow will swap out the Weber and it will then be near-FRFR speaker (with closed back) and can use cab sims then. We play lotsa smallish places with tiny stages, my rig will be KPA into the cab, also monitor out to IEMs and then K10 or into main PA, depending. Enjoy your amp!

• Much to my chagrin, it was buzzing like crazy, even at low volumes, so it is going back to the seller (great outfit - US Speaker) for a swap, new one to arrive around Jan 23 so will let you know.