Parameters To Change (and how) Going From Home To Live Use

• PS The DXR10 is, to my ears, every bit as noisy as the vintage Deluxe Reverb that I recently sold. Even with no Kemper plugged-in. Is the CLR less noisy?

Yes I find the CLR to be pretty dead quite even cranked. I palt in a cover band and play from pristten clean to cranked Deizel

• Hey creative,

my first suggestion would be to tweak your sounds at the same level you gig at. Otherwise there will always be strong tone differences.
    Of course specific room resonances will do for a different sound in the two environments.

As for the Yamahas' noise... have you correctly gain-staged them? You should try to supply an as-strong-as-possible signal to them, in order to minimize their gain (volume/master volume) level.

Sorry if the above sounds obvious :)

• My ultimate tone to beat is a Ceriatone OTS/C-lator 50w head sitting on
    top of a Stagecraft 1x12 cabinet with an EVM12L that, regrettably, I
    sold a while back. Primarily, big warm, bell-like clean with
    zero-icepick.

Did you try the Ceriatone 50w head into a Yamaha DXR10?...because that's what you're doing right now with your Kemper.

Why did you buy a Power Rack if you're using a PA speaker to monitor yourself on stage?
    Before you buy another powered PA speaker (CLR), plug your Kemper into a real guitar cab and turn up the volume.

• Even when you tweak at pretty loud volumes in your apartment I bet it's not gig level.
    To make up for the expected differences from the Fletcher-Munson curve you need to dial out bass and treble and dial in mids.
    I'm pretty sure this will improve your live experience with the DXR a lot.

• First of all a disclaimer:
    I've never heard an Atomic CLR or a Matrix Q12a in real life, so all I dare to write below is subjective impressions from watching Youtube videos. Not the best start to join the discussion, I know.

But here we go: My impression from watching the Atomic CRL vs. Matrix Q12a shootout from Ingolf (thx for sharing) is that the Atomic CLR has a lot less character. Probably a strength when looking for a flat speaker. But the Matrix Q12a had a nice Fenderish chime and some more warm tone. Now I'm not sure if I would like to have a speaker that adds another level of color to my Profiler's tone ... who needs Fenderish chimes and bells when playing Marshall profiles? :) But nevertheless it's simply a matter of taste when you search speakers. They all sound different, have their own character (more or less). It will take a while to find the perfect solution that works best for all your sounds and venues. And we've not even started talking about IEM as another potential solution for your tonehunt. :)

One thing I can tell for sure though: It's not a flaw of the Profiler, it's just a matter of finding YOUR speakers (or IEM). Good luck!

Cheers,
    Martin

• I wasn't crazy about a separate power amp, just in terms of ... the fact that it would in itself add character to the tone

Well, this is not necessarily true. You'll be using a poweramp anyway, it all depends on which one. A guitar poweramp is not suppose to be the king of linearity... But the Kemper poweramp is quite linear, as is the poweramp in the CLRs for example