What amps did you sell?

• I tend to flip amps continuously over the years. I love my Kemper- I think it nails the tones as positioned by the mic- but my amp flipping has gotten worse. I really like profiling them!

That being said, I would have never sold my Rhodes modded Recto, but the profiles have captured it well, so off it goes...the same will go for my Fortin Marshall. But my Diezel D-Moll may stay, besides being a great amp, it is super versatile. Great cleans. Vicious gain. I like the option of going to a traditional amp setup from time to time, so I hope to always have at least 1 amp around...but honestly, not really needed

• I did a country gig recently with my KPA hidden running into my 70's Fender twin as a monitor....

because the band leader wanted me to use a real amp ....sounded good ( and a lot more versatile ! )

• I sold a Splawn Quick Rod to get my Kemper. I was going to sell my Mark IV and Recto 4x12 if I had to but I still have it. Kept my Bogner 4x12 for the Kemper as well. But since I've gotten the Kemper and have joined this site, I've been researching FRFR and possibly just using my KRK Rokit 5s with the Kemper since I don't play out.

Dave

• Will be selling my MesaTriaxis, Mesa Formula Pre, and Mesa Express 5:25..... In the process of profiling those before selling :P

I have a second KPA rack on the way which will be my new stereo live rig with a Mesa 20/20 power amp and two small 1x10 guitar cabs.

I also have a Mesa Lonestar Special head I use with two Marshall 4x10 cabs.... can't bring myself to sell that though. :rolleyes:

• Sold my Peavey Delta Blues 1x15" and my EvH 5150 III 50 Head, but kept my Bogner Überschall which will never be sold at all! Also kept my Sansamp PSA-1 as emergency backup.

• I have my 96 HRD 4X10 up now, and will be selling my Mark V Combo soon. I have a couple OD Dr. Z's I may keep, and a Prri (modded), ill keep.

• After I blew out my back and was told to stop lifting over 20lb if I want to keep walking (I had 5 back surgeries already) I sold my Cameron CCV to fund the Friedman Pink Taco. It did not work for me, sold it to buy the Kemper. It works! I just sold my Friedman BE-100 and bought a Mahaffey AW99, it is a 20lb head with 3x33 watt output to run in stereo. etc. I also bought a 1974 Marshall superlead, sent it to Friedman to get modded. I need one old Marshall to be a complete person :) I will rarely take the Marshall out of the house, I just cannot lift it without hurting my back.

• Will be selling my Marshall TSL combo and Mesa recto 4x12. But only because I havent liked the sound of it for quite some time now. The money from that will go towards a Mini rectifier head and cab or an Orange head and 2x12 setup. Kemper is awesome obviously but I want a tube amp I'm going to use and not just have it take up space.

• I'll be selling my 6505 2x12, it's too much amp for me being a bedroom studio guy. I'm also unloading my old Marshall AVT50, I haven't played it in years. My PODHD is on the watch as well...

I plan on keeping my small Peavey Vypyr as a practice amp when the mood strikes me, such a neat little amp...

• I sold my Mesa Boogie Subway blues ( best clean tone I ever had ) , kept half of this money for a small Marshall JTM 30 I felt in love with after trying it's profiles extensively. I profiled this JTM combo with even better results. Sold my Sant Amp GT2 , still got some Line 6 Pod & digitech RP500 to sell. Also sold an US strat since my 150€ modded squier sounded way better on KPA 8|

I kept the rare 60's & 70's vintage amps I also profiled ( check my signature ) , no way I sell those ones :) I also kept my first tube amp ( 80's Fender champ 12, also profiled )

Also bought 2 cheap solid state Fender combos to use with the KPA for amp in the room noodling & rehearsal ( Back In the year, the first day I had a tube amp , I swore I would never play again on solid state ;)

• After I blew out my back and was told to stop lifting over 20lb if I want to keep walking (I had 5 back surgeries already) I sold my Cameron CCV to fund the Friedman Pink Taco. It did not work for me, sold it to buy the Kemper. It works! I just sold my Friedman BE-100 and bought a Mahaffey AW99, it is a 20lb head with 3x33 watt output to run in stereo. etc. I also bought a 1974 Marshall superlead, sent it to Friedman to get modded. I need one old Marshall to be a complete person :) I will rarely take the Marshall out of the house, I just cannot lift it without hurting my back.

Those are some wonderful amps...........what did you like about the Mahaffey over the Friedman amps or the Cameron?