Separate CabSim on/off for poweramp and monitor out

• At the present state the cabsim on/off affects both at the same time, the monitor out and the power amp out (at the power head).

In our rehearsal room I use a 2x12 cab for the band and a CLR for me simultaneously, which would also be an option for smaller venues without FOH.

I would really like to have the possibility to have cabsim on for my CLR on monitor out and at the same time have it off for the poweramp out into my 2x12.

• I'm not sure what you're saying?

Press 'Output' button, page 3, tick the the 'Monitor Cab OFF' box.
    Now go from Monitor Output on your KPA to your 2x12 cab (Cabs OFF) and Master Output to your CLR (Cabs ON).

• Thanks Guitartone for trying to help.

And thanks to the others for the "kind" words. Sometimes I really wonder, if reposters are actually reading posts ;)

Yes, I can read, and I do from time to time. But obviously I am unable to express my thoughts clear enough so people understand what I mean. :S

And please don't get me wrong for "kicking back", I also dislike people asking questions that could easily be answered by having a look into a well written manual. ;)

I know the option on page 3 of the output menu, but this will not really help me. The thing I'm talking about is: When I put "CabSim off" there, this affects the monitor output (jack) and the speaker output (jack) of the powered KPA. And I would love to control the CabSim function for these two output options/jacks separately. I want to go from the monitor out to the CLR with "CabSim on" and from the poweramp output to the 2x12 box with "CabSim off".

Of course I could turn CabSim off on page 3 to go from the power speaker output into my 2x12 cabinet without CabSim, let the monitor output jack unused (which had CabSim off now, too, if I used it) and go from the main outs (left or right) to the CLR with CabSim (automatically) on.
    But this might cause trouble with rigs designed for stereo FOH, as I might partially only hear one channel on the wedge. Or I would set these main outputs to Mono Signal - and would shurely forget to set it back to stereo before the next bigger gig with FOH/PA. Would be much easier to have this option to set "CabSim on" for the monitor out (into the CLR) and "CabSim off" for the poweramp output (into the 2x12 cab) separately.

I'm aware that this is an "exotic" mix to have a cab/box and a wedge simultaneously, but I guess it is not that bad for the purposes I described in my first post.

So, if I missed something in the manual(s) : Please give me a hint where to find it. Sure could be, because I have to admit: Although having read them manuals several times, the KPA still bears a lot of secrets for me. Maybe it's too much for a guy who has played only "real" amps and stomp boxes for over 30 years!?

If there is no such option, I would like Kemper to put this on the wish list.

• I also own the Powerhead, and independent enable control of cabs for the two outputs would be useful. Don't know if they are hardwired internally (I suspect this may be the case, as the power amp could use the monitor amp out as source since it is dedicated mono), or if connection is made solely by the FW. If it is changeable via FW, I would certainly appreciate the capability.

And yes I do read the manuals. A lot. I started before I actually had the Powerhead. Both of them. But there is a lot of stuff in them, and finding what you need can sometimes be challenging. Would be useful to have a cheatsheet listing of some sort which breaks down the submenus and soft buttons under each major heading, rather than doing it all via text descriptions. It would probably need to be updated after each FW release but at least would provide a more visual map of the controls locations and how they operate.

Edited 2 times, last by ucnick ().

• I also own the Powerhead, and independent enable control of cabs for the two outputs would be useful. Don't know if they are hardwired internally (I suspect this may be the case, as the power amp could use the monitor amp out as source since it is dedicated mono), or if connection is made solely by the FW. If it is changeable via FW, I would certainly appreciate the capability.

And yes I do read the manuals. A lot. I started before I actually had the Powerhead. Both of them. But there is a lot of stuff in them, and finding what you need can sometimes be challenging. Would be useful to have a cheatsheet listing of some sort which breaks down the submenus and soft buttons under each major heading, rather than doing it all via text descriptions. It would probably need to be updated after each FW release but at least would provide a more visual map of the controls locations and how they operate.

from the manual:
    " The optional built-in power amplifier allows you to connect your Kemper Profier to all kinds of 8 or 16 Ohm guitar cabinets, as well as passive linear cabinets. It is internally cabled to the Monitor Output, so you can use all the features of the Monitor Output for the power amplifier as well. Please refer to the “Output” chapter of this manual for more detailed information."

• I have a very similar setup to the op, and this would be nice but don't know if it would be possible....I had started a similar thread only referring to eq that is seperate than the monitor and main outputs (soley for power section) but if they are hard wired might not happen. Always fun to dream though.