Have you been hooked to a profile...

• .., and found everything else sub-par thereafter?

Seems a bit silly to me, especially since the best thing about the Kemper is the choice of profiles available.

But I spent time A/Bing my favourite patch yesterday against stuff from Keith Merrow, Ola Englund and others yesterday and found myself deleting the majority of them.

Of course, these were all high gain. I find myself immensely happy with stuff by Gundy Keller and TAF in the clean to mid-gain crunch territory.

But as far as high gain, I find myself unable to really bond with most stuff. Even Lasse Lammert's stuff didn't seem to cut it for me *specifically in a live setting*, though I kept them because I am sure he knows what sits better in a mix than I do.

Still, the amount of time I spend noodling about on a single profile seems ridiculous to me. Kind of wish there was more choice, in a way, haha

• I've found that as well. It's not that the profiles aren't good but more of a factor of what fits my style of playing. There are definitely profiles that make you reconsider keeping others. I haven't had the chance to delete stuff from my Kemper but I NEED to. Between tons of my own rigs and a few great profiles that I've found, there are a lot of profiles that are just taking up space on the Kemper for me.

• I normally use the same set of few profiles, maybe 20-30 of them (never counted, lots of these are my own), depends on what I play and what guitar I use. BTW one of my top favourites for 7 strings is KM Sea Nymph. I think Ola's, Lasse and Keith profiles require certain type of guitar and certain type of playing to sound good, they are rather specialized profiles and won't suit everyone.

• I've been stuck on two recently.

One is The Amp Factory's Bluesbreaker. With my hot pickups, I'm getting straight up Beano.

Another is the Free Exchange AC 15 Boost HW that I'm getting Revolver sounds with my P90's.

But both on any guitar have something that is really warm when clean, powerful when gained, crunch like striking a hammer on a metal cable.

I won't say other profiles are lame compared, just that they stand out to my ears like I have boutique amps and have an expensive, rare, and amazing sound.

One free, the other $8 bucks.

The Kemper ROCKS!

• My tweaked version of lasse lammerts "Bombed" profile pretty much floors every other rig (for me personally of course). I haven´t fund anything that would come close to how good it sounds. Been playing it since the release of the LL-pack now and haven´t stopped loving it yet :D

• My tweaked version of lasse lammerts "Bombed" profile pretty much floors every other rig (for me personally of course). I haven´t fund anything that would come close to how good it sounds. Been playing it since the release of the LL-pack now and haven´t stopped loving it yet :D

Sounds killer, Hannes_ITS. Methinks I should get down to tweaking some of LL's profiles too :)

• I'm SUPER picky about my high gain needs.
    So no, I don't get along with the bulk of the 'metal' profiles.

The one's that I do like, I've had to tweak the crap out of em'.

I'm getting much better results doing my own profiles for my high gain tastes.

As far as clean, on edge, and medium gain stuff?....
    I've found tons of profiles I really like.
    Bogner Barcelona w/Tim pedal, Bogner Shiva Clean+, Carr sv6, to name a few.

• I've only had my Kemper just over a week, but found myself getting caught up on the following -

Pete T's Bogner Blue profiles - 609 and i5,
    89 Bluesbreaker
    Marko (? apologies if wrong, typing from memory) gulub modded Marshall (aka Big-M in my rig sorting.)

As for today, who knows, I have whittled things down to 144 rigs - and want to refine that further - then go hunting some more tonal gold!

Oh, almost forgot

Vox Ac15
    That Morgan AC20 :P

made me channel my inner Hendrix - I'd forgotten how good it is to get in the 'zone' with a profile - when you can actually produce something that means something rather than just jamming or going through the motions. To be able to connect and play, have the Kemper react like a proper amp is priceless.