What do I need?

• I've got a KPA un-powered rack incoming this week. I know I need an empty stick. Do I need any other specific things to get started?
    Do I need to download the latest ver., or do they ship updated? I just want to be prepared when I unpack the unit so I can just play, and don't have to run out and buy more stuff.

Thanks in advance. \m/

• Congrats. If you haven't already done so, I would download and read the current manual. Learn how to connect whatever you are playing through and how to adjust outputs accordingly. Get an idea of how Clean Sense is set up and is saved for each guitar and retrieved when you switch guitars later which is a setting to balance perceived volume jumps/drops between clean and dirty rigs (leave Distortion Sense alone).

I would also check out the wikpa website for tips at some point in time but don't get overwhelmed right out the gate. Its a good idea to dig into all of the settings that go into a rig to give you some familiarity but the Profiler is very user friendly and easy to enjoy without the need to tweak.

Some great free profiles can be had at the Amp Factory, and Maurizio has an awesome snapshot of all of his rigs, settings, etc on here somewhere. There are also some "best" rigs threads on here that might save you from wanting to download thousands of rigs to sort through all of them. The Morgan AC20 on the exchange is a shining example of what is possible.

Enjoy and wear your helmet!

"Tone is in the fingers" is not a necessary response to anything that I might type on any internet forum threads. Thank you.

• Do not forget a solid state amp and speakers/cab or an active monitor. 8o

If those items not within reach, a good headphone with 6.3mm connector will do for the first night until morning has broken.... :rolleyes:

• Thanks, ill probably be using Strats, and I have a K10 for tweeking, and stage monitoring. I have a couple of weeks before I start using it live, and I plan to go XLR outs stereo to FOH, get a line in to K10 for FOH mix in one Ch., and KPA monitor in other K10 Ch. I use one ear of an IEM for FOH mix also.
    I just need about 3 basic tones, clean, crunch, and a nice lead tone, and would like to set up my HD500 as a midi switcher. I'd like to be able to hit stomps, and be able to tune, use vol. and wah. Ill try this HD500 until CK 'finally' comes out with a dedicated ftswch.

Can the 500 be set up so that I can select the clean or crunch amp I need, then be able to turn on an OD, chorus, boost, delay, etc? I like it simple and good sounding, which I could never achieve after hours of messing with the 500. Also is the KPA easy to tweek on the gig? I always had issues matching volumes of patches with the HD, and I also had problems with the eq. Going to FOH.

Thanks so far for the kindness.

• Yeah, the HD500 can be used as a MIDI controller. See the wiKPA (my sig.) for more details.

@ Labrat: as Pascal used to say, "the last thing you find is the one which needs to be placed first" ^^