Rig Manager

• And this my friends is the TRUTH!!!

I've had every Editor ever written for all the Line 6 Pods, the Vox Tonelab, 11R, Magicstomps, etc, etc, and the Kemper front panel is the best Editor I've ever used.
    Which of course was Christophe's intention from the very beginning, to put the most advanced Editor ever on the front panel of the actual unit, making it arguably the smartest piece of guitar gear ever invented.

I gotta agree :thumbup: its a pleasure to work with. i cant be arsed to faff around with extra editing software.

• I think for me the ability to see all my rigs at once and rename them is a huge bonus. I can see myself spending a couple of days organising everything and then checking back in to use it on occasion as/if add more rigs . As far as actually tweaking then i can't see why id want to do that on a computer....im a guitar player not an IT guy. I love the fact that i can tweak the KPA in the same way as a real amp by turning things!

• londonjeepster -

RigManager is a librarian and hub, not an editor. it starts getting interesting where the display size and the missing computer keyboard of the Profiler get in the way. RigManager is about huge lists, quick sorting, overview and combining loads of locations where you might have stored rigs. It especially is about your own rigs. the better you can meta tag them, the fast you can find them in the Profiler without extra tools.

Everybody who saw it so far and worked with it made great comment about how it changes the way you organize and control 4000+ rigs.
    gs

Get in touch with Profiler online support team here

• londonjeepster -

RigManager is a librarian and hub, not an editor. it starts getting interesting where the display size and the missing computer keyboard of the Profiler get in the way. RigManager is about huge lists, quick sorting, overview and combining loads of locations where you might have stored rigs. It especially is about your own rigs. the better you can meta tag them, the fast you can find them in the Profiler without extra tools.

Everybody who saw it so far and worked with it made great comment about how it changes the way you organize and control 4000+ rigs.
    gs

I'm really looking forward to it - it will make a wonderful device even better :)

So now for the cheeky question..... When you say Q1 - early Q1 or late Q1? I keep checking the downloads page on your website in a manner that is bordering on obsession so if you can help me with that my sanity will thank you :D

• londonjeepster -

gs

Yes i know that :) i think its great,i was talking about a possible software editor and how i wasnt too interested in that.

• I honestly don't see why we would need an editor.

The Kemper has a fantastic interface for tweaking all kinds of rig and effect settings in a way that feels completely intuitive to any musician who's ever played with the dials on an amplifier. Lots of pots, lots of parameters right within reach at the same time. I honestly wouldn't want to trade that for a mouse and keyboard based editor. I think the only reason it's been asked for is that some competing units have one, but that's because those systems have a much less user friendly interface with buttons and menus and tiny screens *cough* AxeFx *cough*. It's a solution to a problem we don't have, I feel.

The only thing the Kemper's interface is not so good at, is entering text and showing an overview of large numbers of rigs -- and that's where the RigManager comes in. I'm looking forward to using it, especially as it will talk to the Kemper and the RigExchange directly instead of going back and forth with USB sticks.

• Great news! Thanks to the Kemper team. It will be truly a pleasure to have a librarian.

I suppose we are all impatient to get our hands on it.

I do a lot with the Kemper and it will make life far easier to manage the large number of profiles recording can often require.

It's an unfortunate deal that the PC version is going to be ready before the MAC...

Sadly, some of the woulda, coulda, shoulda shit is temerity uncharacteristically presented by folk here that are usually even tempered.

I would think folks might save such stuff for folks that have it truly coming to them. ?(

• NOTE: There seems to be a lot more complaining here than on that post on the TGP. Weird, are the forums reaching the critical mass required for flame wars? :D

No, just the opposite. This forum has always just been more evenly balanced with people not afraid to speak their mind and say what needs to be said, with less destructive fanboyism and sycophancy. Honesty rules here, and despite the potential for that to be abrasive it's a more constructive, useful and surprisingly friendly palace as a result.

• I honestly don't see why we would need an editor.

The Kemper has a fantastic interface for tweaking all kinds of rig and effect settings in a way that feels completely intuitive to any musician who's ever played with the dials on an amplifier. Lots of pots, lots of parameters right within reach at the same time. I honestly wouldn't want to trade that for a mouse and keyboard based editor. I think the only reason it's been asked for is that some competing units have one, but that's because those systems have a much less user friendly interface with buttons and menus and tiny screens *cough* AxeFx *cough*. It's a solution to a problem we don't have, I feel.

The only thing the Kemper's interface is not so good at, is entering text and showing an overview of large numbers of rigs -- and that's where the RigManager comes in. I'm looking forward to using it, especially as it will talk to the Kemper and the RigExchange directly instead of going back and forth with USB sticks.

Well said, Robrecht. That's how i feel about it.

• FOr anyone who knows can you organize your profiles into folders that you specify and have those folders show up on your KPA so you dont have to scroll through tons of profiles to find what you need? For instance I wanted certain band folders, Clean guitar folders, an effects folder, a blues folder, a metal folder etc.

Thanks

• Another big THANK YOU to the Kemper folks for the upcoming rig manager.
    In addition, I couldn't be happier with my KPA in fact to show just how happy I really am, I just bought a second one.
    One in my studio, and one for live use. (both Rack units) 8) 8) 8)

Another big THANK YOU to the Kemper folks for the upcoming rig manager.
    In addition, I couldn't be happier with my KPA in fact to show just how happy I really am, I just bought a second one.
    One in my studio, and one for live use. (both Rack units) 8) 8) 8)

Yeah rig manager is awesome. I to am looking for a 2nd one for the same use 1 in studio and 1 for live :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Important question. Will you be able to delete rigs through the Rig manager and have them deleted on your Kemper as well? I hope so it will make deleting groups of profiles you no longer want or need much more efficiently than through the KPA itself.

• Important question. Will you be able to delete rigs through the Rig manager and have them deleted on your Kemper as well? I hope so it will make deleting groups of profiles you no longer want or need much more efficiently than through the KPA itself.

Yes, this will be possible.

• I'm wondering if it will have the ability to sort the Performance slots? That would save me around an hour or two a week!

I don't see anything mentioned regarding that but, clicking the panel around 1000 times to rearrange my set lists is eventually going to break the buttons.

I love being able to have my songs in order for the night and just go up one slot to get to the next song. We play around 50-60 songs a night and the set lists are never the same so, it would be a huge time saver to have the manager change that order with a mouse drag.

Keeping fingers crossed but, I don't see anything in the description or screen shot suggesting it will have that function. ;(

J