Sad to see so much moaning!!!

• Hi guys didnt really know where to put this so i thought id place it here. Since NAMM ive seen alot of people moaning about the new librarian thats coming whether its about how rubbish it looks or that they are releasing a PC version first or it doesnt do this and it should do that. I also see alot of moaning regarding the fact that the KPA foot controller should be here by now.

From my point of view i feel a little ashamed. First off we all kept bugging CK for a librarian and when it arrives people moan about it. I dont care what it looks like and i know its gonna be awesome when it is released and will save me loads of studio session time, :D so for me im very happy. We must remember that Kemper dont owe us a librarian let alone give it to us for free. If i was part of the Kemper team id feel a little jacked off right now with this community :(

As for the foot controller i to am going to buy one as soon as its released but i can still do all things i need to do live with the FCB 1010 and uno4kemper fitted this is a low budget solution for the time being and is always worth having for a back up once the KFC is released.

Ive been playing guitar for 22 years and been in a band for 17 of them. The tones i have with my KPA i have been searching for for years and have never been happier with a piece of musical equipment even now after a year when the honey moon period has worn off. i still cant believe how good it sounds.

My point with this thread is that we should show support for the KPA team so they will want to carry on investing in us as well as us investing in them :thumbup:

:thumbup: to the KPA team. Keep going with all your hard work. I for one love it and i know most people on this forum do aswell :thumbup::D

• Although i do take your point in a sense, have to remember why forums like this exist. People don't generally spend their time creating threads to list all the things they're happy with.

The KPA is a fantastic bit of kit, but its not without its problems. As you say, the foot controller is pretty glaring. The FCB1010 is imo, not a satisfactory solution at all. Its cheap, unreliable, requires 3 cables instead of one and unable to display almost any information.

I think in 6-12 months time when these big issues are sorted there will be a lot less complaining.

• Although i do take your point in a sense, have to remember why forums like this exist. People don't generally spend their time creating threads to list all the things they're happy with.

The KPA is a fantastic bit of kit, but its not without its problems. As you say, the foot controller is pretty glaring. The FCB1010 is imo, not a satisfactory solution at all. Its cheap, unreliable, requires 3 cables instead of one and unable to display almost any information.

I think in 6-12 months time when these big issues are sorted there will be a lot less complaining.

Cheap yes = Good thing picked mine up for £40
    Unreliable ???? mine has always worked from day one
    Require 3 cables = takes only 1 min extra to plugg these other cables in
    Display no info = i also sing in my band, so i dont spend time looking at the KPA or FCB. i know where my presets are so i dont need any info to be displayed only when tuning up

So for £55 with the uno4kemper fitted i think its a perfect solution till the KFC arrives

As for the KPA and its problems ive only encounted a few and they have always been fixed in subsequent firmware releases :D

• Good posting Raoul :thumbup:

I pretty much feal the same. There are so many people complaining here... but just take some time and think about it. Kemper is fairly small company. Their employees are working of there asses off to provide us with the best service possible. They listen to our needs, explain stuff to us when there's questions and last but not least created a great product and keep improving it. What is so hard about being thankful for that? Even if Kemper is asking for our needs and wished, it doesn't necasserily mean that all of them will become true. They are developing a product and in the end it is up to CK to decide what is done and how it is done. I'm very sure he carefully thought everything through in terms of benifts and feasibility.
    I'm a software developer myself if my company would take every customer request and do it we would't have a product to sell but have hundrets of custom solutions which would be impossible to maintain. Personally I'm very pleased that we even get the chance to request or wish for features. I haven't had many products were there was such a direct communication between customer and company.

• I am thankful for the upcoming editor and all the continuous improvements that the Kemper team are working on.
    To all the whiners...In the mighty words of Frank Zappa "Shut up and Play Yer Guitar." ;)

• Good posting Raoul :thumbup:

I pretty much feal the same. There are so many people complaining here... but just take some time and think about it. Kemper is fairly small company. Their employees are working of there asses off to provide us with the best service possible. They listen to our needs, explain stuff to us when there's questions and last but not least created a great product and keep improving it. What is so hard about being thankful for that? Even if Kemper is asking for our needs and wished, it doesn't necasserily mean that all of them will become true. They are developing a product and in the end it is up to CK to decide what is done and how it is done. I'm very sure he carefully thought everything through in terms of benifts and feasibility.
    I'm a software developer myself if my company would take every customer request and do it we would't have a product to sell but have hundrets of custom solutions which would be impossible to maintain. Personally I'm very pleased that we even get the chance to request or wish for features. I haven't had many products were there was such a direct communication between customer and company.

Yeah the fact that CK himself comes on here to read what people have posted as well as answering questions etc i think is great. Ive never known any product ive ever owned to have the actual person who created the product be customer involved let alone post things on forums. This shows CK's dedication to the product :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

• Cheap yes = Good thing picked mine up for £40
    Unreliable ???? mine has always worked from day one
    Require 3 cables = takes only 1 min extra to plugg these other cables in
    Display no info = i also sing in my band, so i dont spend time looking at the KPA or FCB. i know where my presets are so i dont need any info to be displayed only when tuning up

So for £55 with the uno4kemper fitted i think its a perfect solution till the KFC arrives

As for the KPA and its problems ive only encounted a few and they have always been fixed in subsequent firmware releases :D

I don't know where on earth you found one that cheap but ive never seen one go for less than twice that. Mine frequently just doesn't work, as in it'll get stuck on one channel. Regarding the other stuff that might be fine for you, what about people who frequently add songs or change songs or orders of their sets etc etc?

Apart from anything else i just find it really strange. It's like Peavey or Marshall or someone bringing out a big expensive new amp, with no foot controller, and saying "Oh, just use someone else's, it'll work mostly"

• I'm with Raoul23. Thankful for continued updates to an already sweet piece of gear. One thing I've always liked about this forum is the fact that people are respectful, and there isn't much complaining. It's the only forum i've every posted in and became a member. I hope that the waves of this forum stay peaceful and cheers to supporting the KPA team on all their hard work!

• I don't know where on earth you found one that cheap but ive never seen one go for less than twice that. Mine frequently just doesn't work, as in it'll get stuck on one channel. Regarding the other stuff that might be fine for you, what about people who frequently add songs or change songs or orders of their sets etc etc?

Got mine from ebay :D

my band doesnt even have a set list. we are a covers band and play by how the crowd is reacting so we will just pick a song from our list of 60 obviuosly we play some alot more than others. I use performance mode and know exactly where all my sounds are so again the FCB is fine for me ;)

• I am thankful for the upcoming editor and all the continuous improvements that the Kemper team are working on.
    To all the whiners...In the mighty words of Frank Zappa "Shut up and Play Yer Guitar." ;)

+1 ;)

ps: I strongly believe in KEMPER and repeat once more time: this is one of the best companies all over the world if not simply the Best! :thumbup:

• Got mine from ebay :D

my band doesnt even have a set list. we are a covers band and play by how the crowd is reacting so we will just pick a song from our list of 60 obviuosly we play some alot more than others. I use performance mode and know exactly where all my sounds are so again the FCB is fine for me ;)

That's fair enough dude i didn't mean to say it was entirely useless, just that its not sufficient for some, i can't imagine i'm the only one.

• Wow Raoul , you exactly write what I was thinkin these days while reading Kemper Forum and Facebook Page..

Between people flooding "MAC PLEASE" , "WHY NO MAC?" , "WHEN FOR MAC" (when it already says on website "A Mac version will be released later this year.") about librarian,

People non stop asking for footcontroler when (as you said again) we got nice options with foot controlling between FCB1010 w/ Uno or even POD HD500. (And it's not like if these options were bad options , not at all..)

I even saw people asking on every facebook posts for low cost Kemper , bla bla bla..

I dont get it...

• Yeah i find the MAC thing to be a bit annoying when kemper are saying that one is coming, i could understand if they were just dismissing MACs altogether. Im a Pro Tools HD guy and i remember when plugins always came out for MAC first before windows and some still do. Id just sit and wait

• I agree, the Kemper rocks both as a product and as company. We're getting good service here. Although I'm sure they listen to all the requests for updates they can't implement every single one..... didn't someone once say a Camel is a horse designed by a committe??

Would it be great to have the KFC now ? yes... but wouldn't we rather it was built and tested properly rather than being rushed to market with faults ?

I guess as musicians we're often perfectionists, but lets not cut off our nose to spite our face.... CK and his team should be congratulated for what they have achieved here, not moaned at for the bits they've missed (or not missed but taken a strategic decision to implement later)... we'd certainly moan if they chose to take the approach of other large instrument/amp manufacturers... ie now we've got your money you're on your own !

I'm still loving the Kemper Journey, still anticipate a new release to see what CK gives us.... The new delay time function is inspired can't wait to try that out.

Keep up the great work Kemper team ! :thumbup:

• I don't think what you are calling " moaning " is necessarily complaining as much offering feedback and constructive criticism on what people want out of their units.

I think the Kemper is great and does what it does amazingly and has changed the face of modeling forever !
    But I don't see any problem with posting feedback about issues someone has with a 2k dollar unit .

If it was a dollar store special fine deal with it . but high end gear is quality product and kemper strives for quality , feedback helps continue high quality and feedback is not neccesarilly "moaning".
    Remember any of those people could have or still could in the future choose to spend the 2k elsewhere . They chose kemper and so did I , feedback is more of a an indicator as to what customers would like to see and their satisfaction level , and customer wants should probably be considered with any business

So to me when someone says I dont like the way the software looks etc or its hard to use , its just feedback , if you hear the same feedback from a large number of people then you might want to consider changing it .

But its not a complaint against all the positive things Kemper has done and the fact he has changed guitar amp modeling forever it is a major accomplishment

Its just feedback to make all aspects of the kemper the best they can be ! software , hardware , firmware all of it

sorry for the long post ....