Sad to see so much moaning!!!

• I don´t think "complaint" is useful. Not here at least. Usefull is "bug reports" or similar things. Things that point towards things that the KPA team might have overlooked and are happy that some users found this bug or whatever so they can fix it.
    That is what is useful. New ideas, feature requests, maybe even ways to implement these features (I think I read a post from HELL-G where he had an Idea for a feature and described it very specifically how it could be implemented) - these kind of things are useful and this is what a forum like this is about (amongst other things of course).
    Just my 2 cents...

:thumbup:

"But dignity is difficult to maintain
    stamina requires constant upkeep
    repetition is boring
    and you pay for grace."

• Rauol, you have made a very good point... it seems that the Internet has created a certain population of guitarists that are winers and babies that seem to gravitate towards digital gear like the Kemper... I just don't get it.... So some guitarists now need a computer editor because they don't want to turn the knobs on the Kemper or scroll through the profiles? That's just inconvienient? And now that they have one they dont like the look ?And there's not enough stomp.boxes and reverbs in the unit? Really? Its embarrassing ......

TONE IS PARAMOUNT :D8) 8o

• "whiners and criers", man.. if you're not a whiner, you're crying about them whining... This has been somewhat fun to watch but honestly I've enjoyed the time I spent working with my KPA today and banging on my guitar much more than the read..

BTW, anybody got a good TubeThomsen clean profile they'd like to share??

"why can't we all just get along?" Rodney King

Gettin' funky up in here..

• My opinion to this whole discussion is: Think of all those pros we want to sound like. They're not making feature requests, they're not complaining about anything. They're simply dealing with the gear they have, they're looking for solutions for things that don't work as they want them to work and they're making music while we discuss. That's the real difference between them and the most of us.

I could have farted and it would have sounded good! (Brian Johnson)

• My opinion to this whole discussion is: Think of all those pros we want to sound like. They're not making feature requests, they're not complaining about anything. They're simply dealing with the gear they have, they're looking for solutions for things that don't work as they want them to work and they're making music while we discuss. That's the real difference between them and the most of us.

Good one. My approach is:

1. to work with what i've got.

If i feel that a feature is missing or could be improved:

2. Post a feature request, send an email to support describing in detail what the problem looks like, propose a solution to the issue i have found.

3. Wait until Team Kemper comes up with a solution or the info it can't or won't be done for whatever reasons they have.

Go to 1.

This way we help Team Kemper to help us. This will step by step improve the Profiler and its add-ons to a new level.

Open a support ticket here: SUPPORT

Edited once, last by HELL-G ().

• My opinion, for what it's worth.

Asking for features on a platform that has the ability to grow and improve has to be encouraged. This is obviously true as we have feature request threads here and this feedback is useful market research for the manufacturer. If the company uses this information the product changes in ways that users want and you either have happier users that tell their friends (so you sell more) or you have a more feature rich product (so you sell more). In either case, the consumer and the manufacturer benefit. A manufacturer-moderated community encourages this process and here we all are.

I understand complaints if users are ignored. If loads of people request something on a forum that a manufacturer frequents, the manufacturer is wise to either say 'it's coming' or to say 'that's never coming because of XYZ' and everyone can move on.

In this way, everyone feels they have a voice. It's not a democracy but it starts to feel like it :). The time that trouble starts is when you get a wall of silence. Try Native Instruments user forums where the company often gets torn to threads. The kit is good, their ability to communicate in the manner required for a community they encourage is absolutely terrible and they suffer for it.

So the thing that has surprised me here is everyone had said 'we want a librarian'. CK said 'it's coming'. We now have a timescale. I personally feel listened to and am really excited but I have a PC so excitement is easier for me here. So I started to think about the folks who are waving pitchforks and 'why?'

Thinking about it, it IS fine to ask for a timescale on the mac - the fact that it's not yet cross platform has blindsided the mac folks who felt listened to and now don't. But it's a case of spinning the 'we want a mac version' the right way :). I'm a PC user so 'I'm ok' but I do think it would be wise for CK to give a narrower timescale than 'later in the year'.... Just giving a quarter for release will help the folks who are upset with this. I think it's ok to do a split release but IMO it needed spinning better up-front :)

However, I'm with Raol that it is not good to criticise any aspect of the future program from a screenshot. That's no help to anyone and means well thought out feature requests get lost in the noise of the crowd with pitchforks. I'm sure it'll be great. If it's lacking anything for me personally, I shall say so when I've used it and not before.

Moving forward, I think it'd be great to see a 'product roadmap'. There are lots of little things that people have asked for (eg spring reverb, delays on stomp buttons etc) and it would be really helpful for CK to just say 'these are the things you'll get within 3 months, these are the things you'll get within 6 months, these are the things you get within a year. Please note timescales slide but these are coming'. Yes, you still get the pitchfork crowd because 'their feature' isn't on the radar but at least you can manage them on your terms rather than having a load of pissed off mac users complaining on your Facebook feed during NAMM ;).

You don't have to put 'complete innovations' on the roadmap - the beat scanner thing was not asked for because no one thought of it and I now cannot wait. That sounds really cool. But just put the 'vanilla' stuff that gets many requests on a roadmap.

Tricky business, digital marketing, and everyone is still learning the best way to maximise the positives whilst avoiding the minefield that is a user in their bedroom where angry fingers are quick to type.... I really think openness is better (especially if you have a forum). People will always complain like we've just seen but at least it would then be manageable more easily from the company's perspective :)

• @ HELL-G: Good one too, right approach! To be more precise in my 2 cents above: There's nothing wrong with making feature requests and discussing. But it sometimes comes to a point, where I think...puh...too much. By now it's filling threads and threads and threads (and threads). And very often it leads to nothing but playing less guitar. No real pro would waste his time with things like that. Side note: By writing this I'm wasting my time too. Fortunately I'm no pro. :)

I could have farted and it would have sounded good! (Brian Johnson)

• I don't see the e-moticon definitions when I post from my android and I didn't realize that it was "cursing", but seriously, it's just an e-moticon, nothing to get excited about... I would never use any cus words in the text of a post on a public forum. Sorry If I offended anyone.

Seriously? "cursing"???
    I have rarely seen this e-moticon in this forum, even in the hottest flame topics...I would honestly suggest taking a look and understand the members attitude and the way most handle conversations in here.

• As someone who had a Kemper for a year and then decided to go to a different solution and setup, I was a bit at odds with many of the missing features on the unit. That was last year. Fast forward to today and I see that there is now a viable footswitch solution (FCB1010 with Uno), CK added the polyphonic pitch shifting, the availability of an editor shortly, the performance mode (was a real issue for me originally), a powered rack version.....so.....these are all of the things that I wanted personally......
    Thus....it would seem that I will be ordering up a powered rack and getting back into owning a great solution to many things that I was looking for. My current setup is fantastic but when I can put more of what I need to do in a single box, then it becomes that much more desirable.

Looking forward to it!

Edited once, last by PBGas ().

• my quick $.02. I definitely agreed with Raoul about the whining at first. I felt almost offended that people would talk about the Kemper team the way they were - as far as I'm concerned these people have tapped into the guitar gods minds and pulled back something tangible that everyone simply laughed at as an impossibility until they actually tried the KPA. Also, they are very responsive, and definitely seek their customers and potential customers' feedback and desired direction. CK is a stand up guy, doesn't carry around a giant ego (unlike the heads of some other companies), and actually talks to his customers.

I have absolutely no room to complain about anything Kemper. If anything I feel like they are my savior. I've never been so pleased with a single anything.

But after checking my ego and reading in detail some of the complaints (rather than seeing the general tone of the post and not reading past the 2nd sentence), I do understand the points that are being made and feel like people should be honest about it. Per and lightbox are stand-up guys. I've seen countless helpful posts from these guys. And lightbox started wikpa.org. They're not here to complain - they're here to make things better. I may not feel as strongly about their points as they do (I don't have a Mac and don't need a small footprint footcontroller that displays exactly what the KPA is doing), but I certainly want them to voice their honest opinions and have them give the Kemper team feedback and direction.

I do agree that some complaints have been complete juvenile nonsense. But many of the complaints are made from a sober mind with great respect and admiration for the Kemper team. I think it goes both ways as well. I've never seen the Kemper team tell anyone they're an idiot and they should buy a different product - they approach even the most abrasive posts with a desire to help.

• I don't see the e-moticon definitions when I post from my android and I didn't realize that it was "cursing", but seriously, it's just an e-moticon, nothing to get excited about... I would never use any cus words in the text of a post on a public forum. Sorry If I offended anyone.

Thanks for your response, glennfin ;)

• 1) The KPA is great and the Kemper-company, too.

2) Nearly all musicians (at least everybody I know) use Macs and I don't understand why there will be Windows-RigManager first.

3) We are all waiting for a Kemper foot-controller... for sure there are many controllers on the market (I'm playing guitar on big venue-tours and I NEVER would use the Behringer FC 1010, imho it's not made for professionals), but good controllers are very expensive.

That's no moaning, these are simple facts and Kemper is clever enough to take the wishes of their users seriously. ;)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    first name: Guenter / family name: Haas / www.guenterhaas.de

• That's already been explained. There are more windows PC's than macs. No disrespect intended, it's just a simple fact. The majority of musicians I know use Windows based PC's but of course our small sampling of people "we know" is not much of an indication when it comes down to worldwide numbers. ;)
    It would be interesting to see what the ratio is among KPA users on this forum. I wonder if we could do a poll on the forum. Does anyone know if this forum allows polls?
    :?:

2) Nearly all musicians (at least everybody I know) use Macs and I don't understand why there will be Windows-RigManager first.

• It's embarrassing to hear the complaints about the Kemper. After playing for 25 years, including quite a few on a professional level...I can say that the Kemper has done for me what no other Amp setup or Modeler ever has. The Sound, the feel, the tone... is outstanding . I applaud the 998 things out of 1000 they got right and am content to live with, or wait for the other 2 things to be dealt with. Thanks for posting this Raoul...and a shout out to the Kemper team....your doing a GREAT job.

• I don't have any numbers or stats, but when it comes to "good studio owners/producers", I can tell you that one of the most successful and famous of this kind is pretty much Windows only. You've heard of Hans Zimmer?

Might wanna check this out:

https://www.apple.com/30-years/1994/

Including the quote "I wouldn't be a composer without the Mac". In addition the walkthrough of his studio on YT features Lion - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v…L5224B36D3B528287&index=1

He's mainly a composer, so I'm sure he has a PC or two in his network that run a few Virtual Instruments ... but he's always used Cubase on a Mac pretty much.