Sad to see so much moaning!!!

• He's mainly a composer, so I'm sure he has a PC or two in his network that run a few Virtual Instruments ... but he's always used Cubase on a Mac pretty much.

Check this out:
    http://createdigitalmusic.com/…hans-zimmer-collaborator/

Basically what I want to say is: If you're talking about "good" producers/composers/musicians ... they don't give a shit about Mac vs. Windows. It's completely pointless to say one is better than the other, it's just tools, it's just hardware, stupid silicium. A "good" producer can produce great music regardless of what sits below his desk or in the racks in terms of computer system.

Cheers,
    Martin

• That's right, I thought his touch remote setup and some of his instruments are run on Windows.

Macs aren't better, that's a crazy discussion, but for busy facilities there is a reliability that has traditionally come from OS X that makes it very commonly used (like Hans and his setup). It's basically just more practical, but often less flexible and more expensive.

Install OS X on your PC to compare over a few weeks if you're open to checking it out. ;)

We're in the minority on the whole, as I'm sure most Kemper users are PC users, but I'm looking forward to its release!

• For every complaint received by the Kemper Community about the lack of a foot controller, Mr CK adds one euro to the cost.

I think the point Raoul23 was making was the "constructiveness" of the criticism, rather than the fact they were complaining. Big difference, I don't see it as an attempt to gag anybody. Rather, it's an appeal for calm cool arguments and rationale.

Not "Oh Kemper is inept because they can't code the librarian over the weekend using Red Bull." Which is really unfair. I just have to point out BOSS and their flat refusal to put together an editor for the GT-8 I once owned. Just flat out refused. And there were never more than one or two updates to the firmware.

Granted, the Kemper Amplifier is a first generation product and therefore, there is a need for certain tweaks to make it optimal. But with other manufacturers, particularly the big ones, it'll just be a flat "deal with it". Reference again to BOSS and the cocked wah issue that plagued the GT-10.

Everybody just needs to chill out. Unhappy? Say so, but at least be civil. We welcome all complaints on these forums, but we're equally liable to point out if you're just behaving like a snotty-nosed kid and taking it out on the good folks at KPA.

Bravo on the announcements, Kemper team. Haven't got it yet though, if you'll accept the hint ^^

• ... It's basically just more practical, but often less flexible and more expensive.

I really don't want to start a Mac vs. Windows PC discussion here, nobody wants that to happen. :)
    Something that makes it easy to avoid these discussions is the fact that nowadays the big tools that are available for both platforms have the very same look and feel on both platforms. Look at Adobe, Steinberg, Avid etc. The differences are mostly limited to file IO dialogs, where the native OS controls are being used (for good reason) and a few different keys on the keyboard. :)
    The rest of the show is identical and it's VERY easy for a pro to switch from a Mac workstation to a Windows workstation, as long as your work happens inside these software applications. You can focus on creating stuff.

• I really don't want to start a Mac vs. Windows PC discussion here, nobody wants that to happen. :)

Thanks, we've had millions of these useless discussions. I've just said that all musicians I know use Macs and there should be a version for Mac and Windows. That's quite normal nowadays (Cubase, Wavelab, Sibelius ect.).

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    first name: Guenter / family name: Haas / www.guenterhaas.de

• Laptop control and midi board control at the same time? Switching effects and rigs with both devices in parallel? Would that be on stage or in the studio?

Yeah. On stage, no need for either in the studio.

My band (like a lot) play to a click for some of the set but not all. This setup allows me to automate patch changes for most of the set, but gives me full controll/and a tuner for other songs, and if anything goes wrong with the laptop.

I'm actually going to be able to do it by buying a midi merger, its just a bit of a pain and another thing to buy.

• :thumbup:

What you guys view as a "complaint " I think is simply constructive criticism ,
    Any product with a 2k price tag is open for review and discussion and that is all people are doing .

Then there are alot of people whining that others are "complaining " which doesnt contribute anything to the discussion at all . specific things were brought up about the kemper and we should stick discussing that not whining because someone said they didnt like something about the kemper , this is not an axe fx forum where anyone who says anything against it gets harrassed and burnt at the stake , so please be open minded to feedback even if its not allways positive !

• I don't understand criticism. I think everyone convinced him-/herself to buy a unit, regardless at which point of time (software release), not knowing for sure if or how the unit would be developped further at all. Everyone made the decision just for him-/herself alone at that point, and all decided, that the KPA is worth to investigate the money.

I don't know many products, where new developments and features are provided FOR FREE. It might (and should) be normal that bugs and faulty functions are repaired as a customer service, but additional features - and there are a lot until now, I got since I bought my lunchbox- didn't cost me a cent.

What would you complain about, when the Kemper-Team offers a library-management-application for charge (with every feature you may imagine) and a bit compromise-afflicted solution free of charge we all currently are owning?

Complaining, moaning and criticising is unfair concerning the commendable customer service the Kemper-Team provides us with. Good ideas should be expressed as suggestions from the "user-front" but not as urgent problems.

I'm really curious about the prospective inventive Kemper ideas and solutions concerning Floorboard, connections, features etc and I will be patient, hope you also do so...

Blooze'n Groose

• What you guys view as a "complaint " I think is simply constructive criticism ,
    Any product with a 2k price tag is open for review and discussion and that is all people are doing .

Then there are alot of people whining that others are "complaining " which doesnt contribute anything to the discussion at all . specific things were brought up about the kemper and we should stick discussing that not whining because someone said they didnt like something about the kemper , this is not an axe fx forum where anyone who says anything against it gets harrassed and burnt at the stake , so please be open minded to feedback even if its not allways positive !

I agree with you (too), but you know how humans are, and even Jesus couldn't satisfy everyone!
    I think CK and his team are reading all post with a open mind, at least they should do if they are interested in keeping their product alive :thumbup:

Edited once, last by ETS ().

• I make my living in the software world, and I can say that in terms of meeting user needs, Kemper is doing an excellent job.

From my side of the user/developer relationship, polite, clearly stated requests for new features backed up with a solid reason for having them (we call this a "use case") are very much appreciated by a good development shop. You can submit as many of these as you like. The most valuable information a developer can have is a clear understanding of their user's needs.

Please do keep the following in mind though:

- You are never entitled to a new feature just because you requested it (even if you followed all the guidelines above).

- There are many, many factors in the mix that may not be apparent to you from the user side of the fence.

- Software development is expensive, and takes time to do properly.

- With a finite amount of time and resources, a developer must carefully choose which features to work on. This means some (likely most) feature requests will not be acted on.

- For all of the above reasons and more, if your request is acted upon, the feature may not be exactly as you had wanted.

- Whining, getting frustrated, or hassling the developer repeatedly over the same issue doesn't help anybody, and dealing with this negativity wastes time and energy the developer could be using to get real work done.

There will always be a few people who can't abide by these rules. That's fine. There's nothing we can do about it - just let them act how they want to act while we carry on being productive.

I will say once more: the fact that Kemper refines their design and lets users have requested updates FOR FREE is fantastic, especially when it comes to hardware devices.

• I'd like to add a comment to what Problem Sleuth has said....... I've worked in electronic manufacturing for over 30 years. What some folks may not realize is that depending on the size of the company, the person doing the software development may not be doing ONLY software development. It is not uncommon for a software engineer to be wearing many hats. It is also very likely the software engineer is also a hardware engineer. They may be working on issues behind the scenes that users are totally unaware of such as hardware/component changes based on availability, supplier/mfg changes and other compatibility issues, reliability, bug testing and any number of non-software develepoment tasks. I don't know how many employees Kemper has working for them but I don't imagine it's a tremendous amount. Cut them some slack. :rolleyes:

• Fully agree with the last two posts. All the whiners, please read them both twice a day.

Furthermore, I have a hard time finding "I can't understand why it takes so long to write a simple piece of code I could have written in a week-end" a "constructive criticism".

• C'mon guys, get a life. :)
    Nobody said it's possible to create this software over a weekend. You guys are moaning about something that NEVER has been said by anybody. G String, a Kemper employee, said this giving the impression that someone else had said it like this. But this simply never happened.