Cover Band Thread

• Mine too. Depending where I'am playing its 80's metal or Classic rock. I guess we could use current set list and if the tread stays on going you could update setlist's

Only using KPA in practice right now, waiting on Atomic CLR and have to buy a Midi Foot switch.

Where the correct place to start this kind of thread ? If more people think it would be cool and it also could help others choose profiles.

• +1 from me.There was a thread started a while called Signature Rigs - but I can't see it anymore - idea was to share sounds settings for different songs /artists etc.
    It would be grat to have somewhere to share these - maybe the new rig manager would be able to help with this as it can link to rig exchange.

You're damned if you do and damned if you don't

• I would also love this, as I use my Kemper with a CLR.

The only problem here is that the majority of rigs I use are paid from TAF, and I can't share them.

Well, in case of a commercial profile just mention it like this:
    Song / lead or rhythm or bass /rig name / provider / tweaked vs. untweaked
    If it is a tweaked one from rig exchange then you might be able to share it via drop box of course with credits of the profiler. If it is pure then just identify the name and the profiler, which helps to locate it quickly at the rig exchange.
    Hm, sample tune would be great, and if you reveal the guitar (strat, LP, TC and so on) used, that would be awesome! :thumbup:

• Would be good to have a separate 'Rig Exchange' for individual songs :?:

that way someone could post a tweaked AC30 for a Queen song or a Marshall for a Gn'R song etc....

It is all about tagging.
    The better you tag, the easier to search, find and sort.
    Tagging will be extremely convenient once the RM is out.

• I have been using my Kemper for over a year in my band. Having a blast with it. We play 50s, 60s, 70s and 80s classic rock. I try new profiles from time to time at practice and but I literally play every tune with TAF Marshall JTM45 set. I use the Push and Clean profiles and cover everything we do with my guitar's volume knob. I play for fun and it is an added plus to have an Atomic CLR powered wedge in front of me. The audio isn't great (wife recorded them in a bad position to the PA speakers) but here is a quick video clip of our NYE 2013 show. I am the one playing the Anderson Bulldog.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• I have been using my Kemper for over a year in my band.

I literally play every tune with TAF Marshall JTM45 set. I use the Push and Clean profiles and cover everything we do with my guitar's volume knob.

There you go. :thumbup:

If I go watch a good cover band and the guitarist uses a "signature" rig for every different song, I know it's going to be a BAD tone night. :)

• +1

One dirty sound and one clean. If you choose the right profile you can go from CCR to Pantera an beyond with the flick of a switch. :thumbup:
    Yes, AC/DC is possible too ;) If you try to play, let´s say, 20 differnet sounds, the FOH-Man get´s mad. And his/her hearing ceases when you play like 3 to 4 hours.

• oh yes, Ingolf, you make sense. Funny enough, only with the KPA I tried to stay on one rig and the volume dial to run through the whole set list, and I was utterly surprised that it worked! 8o
    Now I try different rigs at our weekly rehearsals, but come back very often to the Morgan...
    It would be educating and entertaining to try the posted rigs of fellow kemperists through a whole set list!

• I don't really go with the one rig live approach.But I understand why others would do so.Depends on the material really.If I was in a tribute band then, yeah, maybe get away with one sound.But if you were going though a range of material I can't see why you wouldn't change the rigs to suit - and guitars too.Have you ever heard a keyboard player keep one sound all night? No, me neither.

That rock sound for playing Free isn't going to work on a Chic number no matter what way you work it.

Don't forget there's a dynamic in the song itself - the sound and range of the guitar vs vocals and other instruments for that particular song.

If you drop the vol on the guitar, yes its gonna clean up,but your overall vol is going to drop too and thats not always what you want to happen.

Personally, I would change rigs to suit the song in question, and even within the songs themselves if need be.If the soundman can't hack that then that's a whole different story.

You're damned if you do and damned if you don't

• Last year I played on amp for all my gigs(Marshall JVM410H) and it worked out nice. But I bought the KPA for the option of having a ton of amps at my fingertips. I guess what I'am saying is way buy a KPA if your only going to use a Bogner XTC.

I'am really just a basement-garage player but I play gigs a lot during the summer and like mic2002 said I play a wide range of songs so I would love to use different amps thru out my set.

It would be nice to use the rig manager but would need someone to set it up because I don't have a clue with that kind of thing.

Like I posted before this will also help members find a profile that they may not thought of using. I also see postings asking for artist tones all the time so they can use a thread like this for help. Hopefully we can make this happen when the rig manager comes out.