front/reamp input different level

• Reamp input is dependent on the level you send out from your interface. Check input LED and set reamp sense so the LED reacts like when your guitar is plugged in. See the Addendum manual for the specific procedure when reamping.

• AFAIK the Return input is designed to accept line level signals, so this might be the reason.

The effect's loop is used for both inputs Auxiliary and Reamp.
    By pluging your guitar in Front then Auxiliary and Reamp input you will experience different level results.
    Auxiliary will be close if not equal to Front. Reamp input is lower.
    As i said Reamp input and Auxiliary input are parts of the same effects loop input, my guess is that they share the same design. In this case there is a software issue or it's intentionnal.

• It may be intentional as you can select 'Return Input Reamp' as input source in the input menu. This activates the Reamp Sense parameter to compensate for a lower input level. Try if this yields the same result. When i use the Auxiliary input via Alternative Input and Return with a line level signal there is no difference in levels.

• Sorry i mean Alternativ not Auxiliary.

By the way if you activate the mono loop (it's the same jack then the Reamp input) you can check that the level is the same then plugged in the Front input, as i said the Reamp input has a lower level then Front or Alternativ.
    I don't like it and IMO there is no reason.
    If you reamp using the Front input or Alternativ then plug into the Reamp input your level will be wrong.

• That's why the levelling procedure for reamping is explictly explained in the manual: Reamp sense is to be used to compensate for any differences in sound caused by lower or higher levels coming from your DAW. The signal coming from your interface is a line level signal (i.e. hotter than a instrument level) as opposed to the signal your guitar provides.

• That's why the levelling procedure for reamping is explictly explained in the manual: Reamp sense is to be used to compensate for any differences in sound caused by lower or higher levels coming from your DAW. The signal coming from your interface is a line level signal (i.e. hotter than a instrument level) as opposed to the signal your guitar provides.

So you mean that by default this input is lowered compare to the other ones.
    Having a way to set this level is great (reamp sense) but why is it lower by default?
    How can i increase it easily and be sure it is at the same level than other inputs?

Set it up by default at the same level then other inputs so you can change easily from inputs and let people change it if they need it.
    I have to read the FM but to me it's not a good choice.

• Mba,
    Soon Hell-G will have to copy the respective manual chapter into this thead, as he did today in another thread, to RTFM.
    You will probably read then, that our reamp solution is the most advanced that has ever been implemented, and everything has to be as it is :)

• Mba,
    Soon Hell-G will have to copy the respective manual chapter into this thead, as he did today in another thread, to RTFM.
    You will probably read then, that our reamp solution is the most advanced that has ever been implemented, and everything has to be as it is :)

I could add the respective passages or the whole manual to my signature. :thumbup:

Mba,

CK with all due respect most people do read the manual me being one of them :) but the KPA is packed with so many great features and new ones being added all the time its sometimes hard to keep up. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk