Really? No Delay In The Stomp Section???

• In the profiler basic manual, under "stomps" "stomps LED color coding" it shows "delay" = "green" but to my dissapointment, I discover, there is no delay alg available in the stomp section! ;(

What's up with that? Is this like the performance mode not being available in previous firmware versions, but was added later?. If it absolutely won't be available in the stomp section, wouldn't you want to remove that mention of it in the manual?.

I'm dissapointed by this. The Delay in the effects section is very limited to begin with so a delay in the stomp section would certainly help that situation. This isn't an issue for me with my studio rack rig because I have additional outboard gear with excellent delay algs (2 Eventides) but for my live rig I was hoping not to have to carry additional gear around.

Any thoughts on this?

• although I respect every opinion, I don't find the delay to be 'very limited'. I'm a pro player, both live and studio, and can tell you the kpa delay is one of the best I have ever used. it has virtually everything a delay needs. of course I cannot find some eventide special fx on it, but who does except for the eventide?

furthermore, while I don't know what fx do you get out from your eventide stomps, I can almost guarantee you that what you get from the eventides, you get from the kpa delay as well.................as said above, except some special features. for instance, I cannot play steve vai's Ballerina with the kemper delay......but is this vital for a guitar player......just my two cents here......

"...why being satisfied with an amp, as great as it can be, while you can have them all?" michael mellner

"Rock in Ecclesia" - new album on iTunes or Google music

• Hi... I'm talking about the Eventide rack units and since I own three Eventides (DSP7000, H3000 and Eclipse) and a kemper, I guarantee you cannot get the same types of delays AND reverbs with the kemper that you can get with the Eventides. What you need has a lot of it has to do with the type of music you're playing. I aggree the kemper has some very usable delay effects, but nothing compared to the eventides. Even something as simple as a reverse delay is useful for the type of music I play and record, and Eventide isn't the only company doing these types of FX. There is way more than " steve vai's Ballerina" fx in the eventide. I understand if the kemper delays suit your needs, but comparing the FX in the kemper to an Eventide is honestly not a fair comparison.... To each his own I always say. :)

although I respect every opinion, I don't find the delay to be 'very limited'. I'm a pro player, both live and studio, and can tell you the kpa delay is one of the best I have ever used. it has virtually everything a delay needs. of course I cannot find some eventide special fx on it, but who does except for the eventide?

furthermore, while I don't know what fx do you get out from your eventide stomps, I can almost guarantee you that what you get from the eventides, you get from the kpa delay as well.................as said above, except some special features. for instance, I cannot play steve vai's Ballerina with the kemper delay......but is this vital for a guitar player......just my two cents here......

Edited 2 times, last by glennfin ().

• exactly: to each his own! the eventide is a great machine and the kpa cannot do most of the thing it does..........but also the eventide cannot do most of the thing the kemper does. thus: to each his own. just right!

the ballerina sample was just one example. I know the eventide can do many other things.

I guess even the size of the h3000 rack suggest something: as far as I remember the HD3000 is a farly big machine in size (two units and large in depth). To me it suggest that it is impossible to house in the kemper the circuitry of the eventide.

overall I care to say that reading the forum I found many players which are expecting the kemper to be the magic pill aka one solution for all, and I mean all the playing needs, from eventide, to lexicon, to you name it. I read so many users writing that they expected to through away all the rigs they had once they had the kemper.

I think this thought should be somewhat resized. not mentioning you, of course, believe me.

one last thing: did you really think that a simple delay in the stomp section could make you get rid of the H3000? :)

"...why being satisfied with an amp, as great as it can be, while you can have them all?" michael mellner

• Haven't heard that song for ages Ballerina by Steve Vai just had a listen. That's a clever effect what patch is that on the Eventide I've got the Pro Tools plugin version would mind trying that (First ill have to learn how to play it) lol ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I had a patch on my now sold Rocktron Intellifex that came quite close. I'm looking forward to the upgrades Team Kemper will implement in the future.

• i have never fully understood putting delay on a patch before the amp. I guess it makes more sense in the context of clean tones, but if there's any strong compression or distortion to the amp, seems like you'd just get a lot of what sounds like a bunch of guitarists playing on top of each other.

• First of all, I'm not getting rid of anything ;) . but having additional delay algorithms in the stomp section (where they're supposed to be according to the manual) might save me from having to place an additional FX unit in my rack to make up for the lack of delay in the present FX section. As I said in my original post, I think the delay section is lacking based on my needs, you don't... simple as that. We don't need to get into a tit-for-tat about it. I am in no way expecting the kemper FX to compete with the eventide FX and I'm just using that as an example, I also have a small Lexicon single rack space unit (MX400) that could be added to my live rack (with the kemper fx loop option) to add a multitude of FX not availble currently in the kemper.... but again, maybe I wouldn't have to if there was an additional delay in the stomp section where it is supposed to be.

........and just to set the record straight, I absolutely LOVE the kemper.... in fact, I own two of them. ;)

one last thing: did you really think that a simple delay in the stomp section could make you get rid of the H3000? :)

• Hi Guitar tone.... I don't use pedals, I've always used a rack setup with an FCB1010, but I do sometimes use a Boss GT-8 in the FX loop of my Mesa Lonestar Special head for grab it - quick in a hurry situations. The live rack setup before I got the kemper was, Digitech GSP1101 with a mesa Triaxis in the pre-loop, an Eventide Eclipse, and a Marshall 9100 tube poweramp with two marshall 4x10 cabinets (stereo setup). That was just way too much stuff to carry around ;( so I decided to downsize the rig and use the kemper instead with a smaller lighter power amp (Mesa 20/20) and a pair of small 10" guitar cabs. The GSP1101 is a very flexible unit but I never used/liked the modeling distortions, I only used the triaxis tones. ;)

Glenn

How do you have your current pedalboard/amp setup...what delay pedals do you have on the pedalboard for live use?

Edited 2 times, last by glennfin ().

• I'm one of those guys that would love to have a multi-tap delay in the stomp section!!! yeah it does thicken up the sound.. of course, dual path / parallel path output section with a delay for each path would be fantastic too!!!

Gettin' funky up in here..

• Two of the things I miss the most at this time; modulated mono delay (tapeish) and spring reverb. Both freely placeable in stomp slots so that they can get comression/color from the amp section.

• First of all, I'm not getting rid of anything ;) . but having additional delay algorithms in the stomp section (where they're supposed to be according to the manual) might save me from having to place an additional FX unit in my rack to make up for the lack of delay in the present FX section. As I said in my original post, I think the delay section is lacking based on my needs, you don't... simple as that. We don't need to get into a tit-for-tat about it. I am in no way expecting the kemper FX to compete with the eventide FX and I'm just using that as an example, I also have a small Lexicon single rack space unit (MX400) that could be added to my live rack (with the kemper fx loop option) to add a multitude of FX not availble currently in the kemper.... but again, maybe I wouldn't have to if there was an additional delay in the stomp section where it is supposed to be.

........and just to set the record straight, I absolutely LOVE the kemper.... in fact, I own two of them. ;)

ok........ :)

• I'd like to add......I'm into writing, recording and playing what could best be described as avant-garde, experimental, improvisation, old school progressive rock, etc... so I require some "unusual" effects for the type of music I play. I never expected the profiler to have the level of bizzare effects the Eventides have but I was kind of expecting a bit more in the way of delay type effects like reverse, some limited looping, ping-pong multi tap, etc... I really don't think that's an unreasonable request considering there are other guitar processors that have these effects and more. If I was just playing top 40, pop music, or straight ahead rock, I'd probably be just fine with the built in effects in the profiler.

My main attraction to the profiler is it's ability to do tube distortion tones (digitally) better than anyone else. I think what I may end up doing to have the best of both worlds in my live rig as I mentioned, is to add an effect unit to my live rack to use with the profiler. Either in the profiler loop, or externally in series between the profiler and the power amp.

After all, it's just money! :rolleyes: :rolleyes: 8|
    :)