Profiler's Digest #3 - Edit : added the JCM 800 KK

• Hi folks !

Only a short selection of amps this month but only cool gems that are really worth trying. It might the last digest since the Rig manager will allow instant profile audition. Let me know if you're still interested in it.

Once again some of them show their best on a mix better than on their own ( Fender Super Reverb cln , Mojave Peace Maker ). This month I did not find any Hi gain amp that fits my guitars as well as my old rigs (Even the Herbert is too much straight , cold & clinical to my taste, nothing to do with Sirius great profiling talent )

Let's go for the show :

• First is An ENGL Fireball ( Fball Crunch light ) , very clean & deep straight amp

• Then we got the 1951 Gretsch ( 1951 Grestch Reg Lo ) , wonderful vintage Combo ( older than your grandmother !!!) with dry but rich tone , a lot of personality & records very well - even Better with a 2x10 open bogner cab (2nd part of the clip )

• Another gem from RU Sirius, a specia vintage amp & vintage miking Fender Super Reverb ( Fender Super Rev cln ) , an absolute killer amp for recording (sweet , dynamic , warm ...) instant vintage Fender tone , takes Whas & FX so well - The clip show the amp with very few tweaks on a 70's funk wha . The other sample uses the internal TREM FX by the author - Brilliant rig !

• JTM/Knopler in Arms by Burningyen - A Marshall JTM on 2x12 ( telecaster ) , very cool tone modded from a classic amp

• Another cool combo from Sirius , The Bugera ( Bugera V5 dirty ) dark, a little boxi ( the amp looks very small ) , worth tweaking

• A great amp by Joptunes ( he did other fantastic profiles, check them out) : The Mojave Peace Maker ( Mojave PM-lomidp ) a lot of personality and I had to tweak it hard to get the right tone for my Les Paul , but very rewarding. This one will cut a mix with each string being heard distinctively. Killer for recording, rich, full ... A Nasty grit & untypical dirty overdrive when you play with the gain or guitar vol pot :) I love it !! I used an Ebow for the sustaining part

Enjoy !

• I was complaining about the lack of a good Hi gain amp this month , then I tested this JCM 800, tweaked it to my taste & my low gain Les Paul, I had to change the cab to a darker one ( Bogner )

Holy S..T !!! This Marshall is really AWESOME , fantastic growl , bassy , lush drive and cleans up to a clean & warm tone. The gain course is one of the best feature of this rig from clean blues tone to Hi gain heaven. It records very very well !

Here is the clip
    : single track , then natural double tracking , then some clean fills ( same rig but I lowered the gain to clean ) , then pseudo leads with EQ & boost on

I used the RIB rig on this clip

Thx Hell-g for this fantastic JCM & great profiling.

Did anybody compare it to Andy's commercial JCM800 ?

• Did anybody compare it to Andy's commercial JCM800 ?

They sound different.
    I kept KK KK6 KK10 and KK11. They are as good to TAF's JCM800 in my opinion, but different.
    If you like those you'll like TAF's too.
    FWIW Andy's JCM800 Drive "LP" is the profile i'm using 50% of the time, so I know it :)
    I just put a Fulltone OCD pedal in front of it and it's heaven.

• Hi Waraba,

cool you chose two of my profiles along with these great profiles. Thank you for highlighting and demonstrating them in your clips. I highly appreciate this.
    The Fball Crunch light was done by Flix and me along with the other Fball profiles you can find on Rig Exchange.

I think your Digest could be of interest for users even when we finally get Rig Manager. Presenting profiles in a demo clip may attract users and make them try to tweak these profiles. I'd never have guessed that the Kerry King Signature Head could be usable for anyone not being into Metal. This shows the unlimited possibilities the Profiler gives us. Keep up your great work!

Cheers
    Helge

• Helge I'm not a metal player at all and I think the KK profiles you done are awesome. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• like you said the Gretsch are dry , pure. What did you do to bring them to life ? They're pretty quiet, low level, as is.
    Also, Super Rev'b....with a Strat did you change or substute the distortion or stay w the ghreen scream /

Edited once, last by old crow ().

• hi Oldcrow , I always disengage boosts & dist while testing rigs , I also lock my verb on my own setting.

I believe there is a song in each profile , just just have to find the right one ;)

No real tweaking here except maybe more treble for funk , but I often play with 3/4 volume and 8/10 on tone pot of my strat / tele , I almost never play full tone/volume now , even on the Les Paul. I almost never use a pick, I really prefer playing with my fingers . Another thing I do a lot is raising the cab level volume to get a good recording level on my Spdif soundcard.

On the Grestch I fount a beautiful matching Cab a 2x12 bogner open cab ( by Troynova ). The Fender is gorgeous on his own , less bass and more treble for funk riffing ( and a wah !!)