Andy's "Fentastic Pack" - who is using it and is everybody satisfied?

• Garrincha,

The only one I see is listed in the first TAF pack as "Fender Bassman head" is that it? It shows a picture of a blackface Fender... is there really a 'blond' hiding in there?

Andy??

Peace...
    bluzkat

• Yes, especially the Bassman profiles are awesome with Humbuckers. Les Paul Neck Pickup and the AFF2-59Bman TS- profile is my absoluty favorite for Blues solo stuff. Very dynamic profile.

• Yea I really dig this pack, some real gems in this pack. Love the 62 deluxe cranked and push profiles. I would AB them against some of my favorite Mbritt profiles and I noticed turning up the clarity on several of the overdrive profiles like he does on his gets me closer to some of those which I really enjoy. I believe these were micd similarly as well ( ribbon and sm57). Mostly comparing to his fender style profiles ( little Walter and 58 deluxe). But yea they kill with my les Paul. The 61 super TS- from the fender toolkit is absolutely amazing as well, so thick and huge sounding on every note.

• I should say I did get this pack and am more than happy with it. The "Keepers" in it are way up there, like so many you might as well just drag them all over! :) I'm especially in love with the Prince 63 cleans. I really like the cruiser profiles too, adds a nice touch; and the TS+ sound on the Fender Twin is amazing. I would say I probably like the cleans best and then some of the pushed or Cruiser-/TS- profiles next.

All of them needed me to deactivate the EQ (boost only) in the X position as he has volume up +5db for some reason. :*(

• Great stuff. - yeah deactivate that X slot and lock it. - I had my old strat that was way to low in terms of output when I did those..(don't have that guitar anymore) so I have to disable it now too on my current gear.

Its no secret that I adore Fender amps, this and the Fentastic pack is my goto for anything really. the breakup is so calm to play and not over aggressive so you can get lost for hours! :)

I wish fender would learn how to do a good Overdrive sound though..they are improving.. but not there yet!.

• Great stuff. - yeah deactivate that X slot and lock it. - I had my old strat that was way to low in terms of output when I did those..(don't have that guitar anymore) so I have to disable it now too on my current gear.

Its no secret that I adore Fender amps, this and the Fentastic pack is my goto for anything really. the breakup is so calm to play and not over aggressive so you can get lost for hours! :)

I wish fender would learn how to do a good Overdrive sound though..they are improving.. but not there yet!.

Seems like their guitars and amps are suited for the excellence of profiles you've mastered, so no complaints here. More of a push/clean sort of tone, which is why I buy these anyway; but I have to say with the help of the TS or cruiser these Overdriven profiles of yours are pretty impressive indeed! I really liked that Cruiser alot, even better than the TS- (vs the cruiser-) which surprised me a lot. The cruiser+ is just amazing lead tone too. I had to look up what that pedal was as I hadn't heard about it before, but it seems very nice to me!

• I just picked this pack up and it has some fantastic profiles. I did have to shut off the EQ boost, as it was clipping my output. Very nice stuff here.

Next I plan to purchase the Far Classic single (Fargen Retro Classic). That one sounds killer.

• I just picked this pack up and it has some fantastic profiles. I did have to shut off the EQ boost, as it was clipping my output. Very nice stuff here.

Next I plan to purchase the Far Classic single (Fargen Retro Classic). That one sounds killer.

Hey Thanks Drog!, yup classic fat old fenders are hard to beat. - and indeed Fargen make some incredible amps also!.

• Wasn't the '59 Bassman design taken from a Westinghouse (I think Westinghouse) tube amp builder guide?

The TungSol 5881's and the Jensen speakers had a lot to do with the '59 tone, no?

• Wasn't the '59 Bassman design taken from a Westinghouse (I think Westinghouse) tube amp builder guide?

The TungSol 5881's and the Jensen speakers had a lot to do with the '59 tone, no?

Yes - the Westinghouse Tube circuit books.

When Jim Marshall made his protoypes, he based them on the Bassman, but he used available local materials, and created something else just as magical :)