Andy's "Fentastic Pack" - who is using it and is everybody satisfied?

• The Marshall "copy" of the Bassman. Celestions, KT-66 tubes (later EL-34's), different transformers. What a sound! The 4x12 that ultimately came after the 8x12 is so much of the sound too. Don't know wether those cabinets were just luck, but what an instrument.

There is an interview with Sid McGinnis from "Late Night with David Letterman" on Premier guitar where he has a Bassman head upside down for cooling. He makes a comment about the greatest Marshall improvement, flipping the chassis.

The Westinghouse design does not diminish how great a designer Leo Fender was. He made great designs before and kept refining after the Bassman.

• I haven't gotten the whole pack yet but I have quite a few of Andy's Fender Singles and if those are any measure, then these are a must have as well. The EC profiles are incredible! The only reason I don't have ALL of his profiles is that if I do, I'll never have time to play the guitar!

• I bought this pack last year and still enjoying using the profiles both on stage and at the studio. No need to mention that (but, I will :) Andy's profiles are best of the best. Period. Of course there are lots of other very good profiles created by the other profilers that I've purchased and using them as well but, as I always say; Andy's profiles have kind of "mastered" , "finalized" sound than the others'.

This pack is highly recommended for those who like Fender tones. BTW other than this pack, Andy's Bassman 59 profile (Fernder Basslad 59 – 9 Profiles) is my first choice since the day I (over a year) have it.

Sound Engineer, Musician, Animal Rights Activist.

Fender '89 Clapton Strat, EMG DG20, KPA, Martin, SSL, Neve, Manley, Tube-Tech, Millennia, API, Lynx, RME, Avid, Apple, Adam...

• wow, thanks for such a nice comment Noyan, however I think tone is subjective and Im sure lots of other people much prefer other vendors than myself, Mbritts are all the rage right now, and I cant compete with that (not tried them) but from all the reviews it seems positive.

But I really appreicate the love, I dont get much love these days, so I'll defiantly take this today, and I'll carry on my day with a smile! :)

Thankyou!

• Awwww you get plenty of love from me, Andy, even if I don't express it enough! Actually, I think I just convinced a couple of dudes on FB to purchase the Victory pack, haha!

ps the Fender Toolkit is still my fave for Fender sounds ;)

• Ha!. cheers sam, and thanks for the share.

Well its no secret on this forum that the Fender packs are my own fav too. - I dip between the Fentastic pack and the toolkit daily. (or depending what Im workin on). - those old fenders are such classics, and even micing a modern day equivalent with the best mics, still just does not cut it!.

• wow, thanks for such a nice comment Noyan, however I think tone is subjective and Im sure lots of other people much prefer other vendors than myself, Mbritts are all the rage right now, and I cant compete with that (not tried them) but from all the reviews it seems positive.

But I really appreicate the love, I dont get much love these days, so I'll defiantly take this today, and I'll carry on my day with a smile! :)

Thankyou!

It's definitely true that there is a huge amount of difference between profilers. The recording engineer and the producer is just as much a part of the "signal" chain as mics and preamps. That holds especially true for profilers! So maybe the popularity of Mbritt is due to hitting a market ("taste") that so far has been wanting something different for a while.

Or maybe the market has shifted toward fewer but bigger packs with fewer profiles of each amp (MWRokPak and MBritt)? Just something that I've thought about. I have to say, though, that Mbritt's stuff isn't up my alley for the most part.

I think there's also an element of "novelty of the new" to all this.

• Ha!. cheers sam, and thanks for the share.

Well its no secret on this forum that the Fender packs are my own fav too. - I dip between the Fentastic pack and the toolkit daily. (or depending what Im workin on). - those old fenders are such classics, and even micing a modern day equivalent with the best mics, still just does not cut it!.

I'm wondering, Andy (or anybody who wants to chip in), how would you describe the difference between these two packs?

• They are a different set of old fender amps,

Here is some info for you:-

Fentastic..

6 Amps that tried to re-create the sound of Fender® Bassman® 57, Concert® 64, Princeton® 65, Blackface Twin® 64, BandMaster® 63, DeluxVerb® 62.
    All captured with a GreatRiver MP2 Mic pre's 121/57 mics used throughout..

Fender Toolkit

Seeing to re-create the sound off 1958 Tweed Pro (Internal cab/2x12 Gold/2x12Jenson twin cab), 1961 Fender Super (Internal 2x12/2x12 Golds/2x12 Jenson loaded twin cab), 1964 VirboVerb (Internal 2x12 cab only, due to faulty wiring was unable to replace), 1976 RogerWaters Bassman 100 Head and JCB 2x15 Cab, 2x12 Golds & 2x12 Jenson loaded twin cab)

Toolkit has differnt cabs that you can switch between (including Roger waters bass amp settings for bass guitar, that I then profiled)

So, there aer some simularities, but at the same time nothing is the same. - the juice of old fenders is a lost tone, therfore a lost art - the breakup on these old girls are breathtaking, - the modern day equivalents can sound great don't get me wrong, but they just don't have the same mojo? - not sure the best way to describe that..

• Just something that I've thought about. I have to say, though, that Mbritt's stuff isn't up my alley for the most part.

I only have the MBritt Vintage pack (bought very recently), and I really like it for playing live, especially in certain band configurations where I'm the sole guitarist. I much prefer Andy's and Pete's profiles for recording, though, and there's more variety with Andy's profiles if I need to make it work with a second guitarist or keyboard player with a leslie.

• I have one "problem" now: I have too many excellent profiles......

Andy's Fender packs are indispensable and meanwhile there are so many great commercial profiles available (Andy, Armin, MBritt, Michael Wagener.....), not to forget that I'm using the profiles of my own amps (Boogie MKII, Marshall 60's Plexi, THD Univalve, Fender Blues Junior, Dr. Z Maz Sen.), too.

I'm just in the middle of sorting out the "best of the best". ^^

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    first name: Guenter / family name: Haas / www.guenterhaas.de

Thankyou!

Andy, don't sell yourself short mate. There are a ton of great profiles out there, but I consistently come back to yours to record with and play out with. Yours are the ones I compare my new profiles against. Can't wait to see what you have in the works :thumbup: