Power Rack, where to buy

• Hi!

I´m new to this forum (hi everybody!) and I´m about to purchase my first Kemper! I want the power rack version, but I can´t find any store with racks in stock right now.

I live in Spain and I would be interested in european stores (to avoid customs fees, you know). Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

• This really has been a constant problem with Kemper. CK really needs to do something with product availability. People want to buy the unit but can't because no one has it. I had initially thought mine was coming in but alas, it was a stock error at my local distributor and thus they told me now that they didn't expect stock for more than 120 days. Really? 4 months? That is absolutely unacceptable. If it was a hand built custom instrument, I could easily understand but this isn't right at all.

CK should take notice from a small company like Two-Notes engineering who make a specialized product and make sure their worldwide distributors have adequate stock.

The Kemper is a fantastic product but the management of supplying orders is not the best out there. I'm at the point where i'm just going to look for something else. The almost 500$ price increase as well has made it a much less desirable option.

Edited once, last by PBGas ().

• This really has been a constant problem with Kemper. CK really needs to do something with product availability. People want to buy the unit but can't because no one has it. I had initially thought mine was coming in but alas, it was a stock error at my local distributor and thus they told me now that they didn't expect stock for more than 120 days. Really? 4 months? That is absolutely unacceptable. If it was a hand built custom instrument, I could easily understand but this isn't right at all.

CK should take notice from a small company like Two-Notes engineering who make a specialized product and make sure their worldwide distributors have adequate stock.

The Kemper is a fantastic product but the management of supplying orders is quite possibly one of the worst out there. I'm at the point where i'm just going to look for something else. The almost 500$ price increase as well has made it a much less desirable option.

When the Axe-FX11 had a looong waiting list, and the wait was like 6 months and 1 year for the pedalboard, everyone said it was because the Axe was the greatest product the worlds ever seen since Moses released the Ten Commandments.
    Then the Kemper was released and the Axe-FX waiting list dissolved almost immediately, and now the Kemper has the waiting list because the demand is huge...that's just the way life is. :)

Regarding the price increase.
    As a distributor I can tell you (well, I can't tell you exactly, but) the two price increases have been tiny and almost irrelevant.
    It's not CK who's making much more money from these tiny price increases, perhaps dealers and certain distributors are making more, but not CK.
    Also, keep in mind, the Kemper isn't made in China, it's made in Germany, you can't produce as many Merc's as you can Chana's. :)

• I understand it is a great product, no question there. I've had one previously (lunchbox) but I did sell it as I required a rack-based solution. That being said, it still is somewhat of a disappointment that this product has been out now for more than a year in the rack version and one still can't purchase one due to such limited numbers being made, at least in my area of the world. They don't go through a distribution network in my area. They come straight to each retailer in the chain. According to their head office as I have a friend working there, they have no idea when they arrive and no idea as to how many until they actually arrive. This is what I was told.

I get it. It's a small company. It's made in Germany. It's quality stuff. Still, as a consumer, one shouldn't have to wait that long. I remember when I ordered my Lunchbox version in March a couple of years ago. I expected it would take a bit longer due to it being new. I ended up receiving it in September. That was almost 7 months but I considered that acceptable as it was new and there were approval issues, etc with regards to certification.

Again, no hard feelings towards anyone. Just venting a bit. It is not like this product has not been out now for some time.

Edited 6 times, last by PBGas ().

• I understand it is a great product, no question there. I've had one previously (lunchbox) but I did sell it as I required a rack-based solution. That being said, it still is somewhat of a disappointment that this product has been out now for more than a year in the rack version and one still can't purchase one due to such limited numbers being made, at least in my area of the world. They don't go through a distribution network in my area. They come straight to each retailer in the chain. According to their head office as I have a friend working there, they have no idea when they arrive and no idea as to how many until they actually arrive. This is what I was told.

I get it. It's a small company. It's made in Germany. It's quality stuff. Still, as a consumer, one shouldn't have to wait that long. I remember when I ordered my Lunchbox version in March a couple of years ago. I expected it would take a bit longer due to it being new. I ended up receiving it in September. That was almost 7 months but I considered that acceptable as it was new and there were approval issues, etc with regards to certification.

Again, no hard feelings towards anyone. Just venting a bit. It is not like this product has not been out now for some time.

I would quote Guitartone's post as a response, a couple of posts above yours PBGas...

So where is your "area", just for the sake of the conversation?

• A quick look on the Thomann store from the link, the kemper rack is available in 2-5 days.
    The power rack is already available there.

• Canada. I'm going to keep it on order in the off chance that it comes in over the next couple of months. Hopefully.

Long & McQuade said "several months". I guess they have 30 some on backorder. Thinking about cancelling mine.

They said distribution is so poor that they have no idea when they are getting any in. They'll know when they arrive. unreal.....

• Long & McQuade said "several months". I guess they have 30 some on backorder. Thinking about cancelling mine.

They said distribution is so poor that they have no idea when they are getting any in. They'll know when they arrive. unreal.....

Long & McQuade said "several months". I guess they have 30 some on backorder. Thinking about cancelling mine.

Thank you for verifying my claim here. It is appreciated. At least there is someone else in the same boat up here. Last week I had checked and they were at 27 units on backorder. My issue is wondering how many units they will ship up to Canada. Are they going to just ship 10-15 units like they did previously (with 25 on backorder) and they get distributed based on when they were ordered and too bad for those that are left over. Does that mean I'll again have to wait another 120 days for the next batch?

Really, if I had some way of knowing that they would fill the backorders with the right amount, I would be fine and keep my deposit on it. But...with no way of knowing, it's pretty much a crapshoot here.

I honestly was considering moving my current and well working setup and going Kemper but with the new Bias App and my current Two-Notes solution, I'm thinking I'm just as well off with this setup and just forget about waiting for this. I've had one before and while it was a great setup, it was definitely NOT better than what I am currently using as far as tone. I'm looking at it more for the means of convenience. The thought of having everything in a 3 space rack with one simple pedalboard connection is very appealing.

Hopefully CK or someone from Kemper can at least chime in for those of us waiting up here in Canada. It would be appreciated to say the least and perhaps a showing of good faith to those customers on the other side of the world.

Edited once, last by PBGas ().