Appalling fraud and theft

• Well, IMO, if the final kemper profile (the sound) is considered intelectual proprety...
    All Petes matched eq profiles are ilegal too, since it copies the work of another sound engineer.
    Anyways, I've always been against match eq.
    I'm not saying this is nice/moral or whatever. Just my 2 cents;

I'm glad he deleted the "community"

• As the originator of what has proved to be a lively debate, can I suggest we move on

My intention in drawing it to the community's attention was to endeavour to protect guys like andy and Amin from having their work stolen, it wasn't a debate about whether they should charge, that's their right, as it is ours to buy or not, but having created their 'shop fronts' I feel we owe it to them to honour that

I am sure stuff has been passed around , intentionally or not, but this felt so blatant, and consciously set up to effectively steal, I thought it important to 'out' it

It is a tragedy that so many appear prepared to buy into their theft, but as has been commented by several, it's a reflection of the sad decline in what I would define as honourable attitudes, and a lack of respect

Their work has enriched my enjoyment of the kemper, and therefore my life, I owe them a huge debt for that, and I think paved the way for the continuing development of new profiles and profilers, both free and paid for, r_u_sirius, you're becoming a genius, for example

it'll happen, we have to try and rely on the integrity of the majority, and there seems to be a pretty large community of passionate guitarists who appreciate their work, so let's just keep supporting them when we can, they're very important to us

Thankyou for your support everyone

• Well, IMO, if the final kemper profile (the sound) is considered intelectual proprety...
    All Petes matched eq profiles are ilegal too, since it copies the work of another sound engineer.
    Anyways, I've always been against match eq.

Profiles aren't sounds, they're computer files that control timbre and dynamic response settings. IP law doesn't protect timbre and dynamic response, and the sound engineer in your scenario didn't have his computer files ripped off. If someone match EQs EVH's tone on Eruption and then uses that tone to play Mary Had A Little Lamb, there is no IP issue at all.

• Profiles aren't sounds, they're computer files that control timbre and dynamic response settings. IP law doesn't protect timbre and dynamic response, and the sound engineer in your scenario didn't have his computer files ripped off. If someone match EQs EVH's tone on Eruption and then uses that tone to play Mary Had A Little Lamb, there is no IP issue at all.

Actually, they replicates a sound. Thats its objective.
    And you are right. My mistake. Not intelectual proprety formally. But thats still a rip from anothers person work.
    In your country, the absense of law makes impossible to protect the copy of anothers person sound... IMO it doesnt matter the tool. The resulting product is the copy of anothers person work.
    Just in case, If I match eq some famous drums samples avaliable with another snare and sell its ok, right? I`m sharing a "new" bits and bytes product...
    But this is only my opinion. I`m not saying you are wrong, just 2 different view points

• It's tricky to express this in casual English, but when I say "sound" I mean, for example, a sine wave of 440Hz. When I say "timbre" I mean how an object transforms an input to create an output (e.g. if you feed a machine a sine wave of 440Hz it spits out a sine wave of 440Hz plus a sine wave of 880Hz). That to me is the "tone" of the machine. It's reactive behavior, it's not content. If you take an mp3 of a John Bonham performance and make a copy of that for someone without permission, that's probably IP infringement. If you take that performance, isolate the different elements and figure out how to manipulate a little toy kit with signal processing to sound like Bonham's set, then sell a plug-in that lets other people get those timbres with their toy kits, you've copied the timbres but not the actual sounds that Bonham made. Someone could use that plug-in to play very light jazz with brushes and sound nothing like Bonham.

• If you take that performance, isolate the different elements and figure out how to manipulate a little toy kit with signal processing to sound like Bonham's set, then sell a plug-in that lets other people get those timbres with their toy kits, you've copied the timbres but not the actual sounds that Bonham made.

Well, I desagree. Just like the rappers did on the 80s, take some part of the sound, taking samples without permition, etc.
    As I said before, you got your point, I got mine, thats fine :thumbup:

• Alrighty men back to your Kempers!!!! More time playing and the dark sadness in your soul shall leave thee forever :D

Honestly, sometimes I think we spend too much time on here, I got the same email after buying Tils pack and ignored like I do the Jahova witness knock..... 8) I was just stoppin through checking on that dang editor!! :thumbup: Pardon my jocularity. :thumbup:

• Actually, they replicates a sound. Thats its objective.
    And you are right. My mistake. Not intelectual proprety formally. But thats still a rip from anothers person work.
    In your country, the absense of law makes impossible to protect the copy of anothers person sound... IMO it doesnt matter the tool. The resulting product is the copy of anothers person work.
    Just in case, If I match eq some famous drums samples avaliable with another snare and sell its ok, right? I`m sharing a "new" bits and bytes product...
    But this is only my opinion. I`m not saying you are wrong, just 2 different view points

Get out of here with your logic and reason. Don't you know that the US Government already decided what is right and wrong when they wrote the law? </sarcasm>

• So, this thread is a bunch of guys whose hobby is stealing sounds, complaining about someone stealing stolen sounds?

I guess I'm not the only one who needs a life. :P

• I think this debate is running in circles now. Best thing to do is burying this thread deep down so no one else gets the idea of starting such a community. This one has hopefully been closed by now and thats a good thing and surely the intention of the OP.

• Alrighty men back to your Kempers!!!! More time playing and the dark sadness in your soul shall leave thee forever :D

Honestly, sometimes I think we spend too much time on here, I got the same email after buying Tils pack and ignored like I do the Jahova witness knock..... 8) I was just stoppin through checking on that dang editor!! :thumbup: Pardon my jocularity. :thumbup:

Sixtycycle, your heart is in the right spot! :thumbup:

Let's cherish the good things and leave this sxxt behind.

• I haven't received any such an email.

I would like to point out that naming profiles after trademarked items and selling them is also likely "stealing"

Using "Marshall", "Vox", "Peavey", etc in profiles you profit from without express permission from the owners of those trademarks is also illegal.

And will continue until Cease and Desist letters are received, no doubt. The key for the abused party is to shine a light on such activity as the OP did.

• Using "Marshall", "Vox", "Peavey", etc in profiles you profit from without express permission from the owners of those trademarks is also illegal.

And will continue until Cease and Desist letters are received, no doubt. The key for the abused party is to shine a light on such activity as the OP did.

Out of interests sake, do a search of the USA Trademark office and see if you can find a trademark for "Marshall", "Vox", "Peavey".

In the very first Line 6 manuals they used photographs of the amps and the names of the amps modelled on the Pods.
    As far as I know Line 6 never got any Cease and Desist letters.