What is the best to record ?

• Hi,

I've just got my new Roland Quad Capture (Analog 2in:2out and SPDIF 2in/2out) and I would like to record some guitar tracks. But i want to record the output of the KPA as well as the DI signal (for, eventuelly, a future re-amp). What is the best way to connect the KPA to my sound card ?

• I tried XLR on the left and the 1/4" jack on the left simultaneousely, and to me this didn't make a difference in sound. Didn't try spdif though, but I'd say it doesn't matter which way you connect the Kemper to your Audio Interface.

• You need to record the guitar in stereo? You can set s/pdif output to dry/reamp guitar left and amp right.

This.

1. In the Kemper's Output settings, set the SPDIF source to "Git/Stack". Now, in your DAW, one of the SPDIF inputs (3, I think) will be the DI signal and one (4?) will be the amped tone.
    2. To reamp, just add a hardware send to the track with your DI signal and set it to whichever output the Kemper is listening on. I think it's 3, but I'm not sure.
    3. When you want to reamp, make sure the Kemper's Input is set to SPDIF. You can leave it set to this if you want, but it will disable the regular inputs any time the Kemper sees that your Quad Capture is powered on.

As for the actual connection, you want two SPDIF coaxial cables - NOT optical. They'll look like an RCA cable (the red and white ones you use for some TVs/stereos) but the plugs will be coloured orange. Standard RCA cables will work, but should be kept as short as possible. I'm using a 3-foot pair of regular RCAs and they work just fine.

• Thanks a lot !!!
    Stereo is not a big deal, because i probably double the track (or quad) ... all stereo effects (delay and reverb) will be added in the DAW itself

I didn't know about the mixing DI and output on the SPDIF !