Spring reverb, again, again, again.....

• Dear "+1 Likers":

dear skoczy -
    i was never able to understand why you believe that instructing people to _like_ a post will make a different. in any case, to us, it doesn't because we do not take it into account. same goes for "+1" to a degree. to support a feature, the replying poster should express the reason why he supports the feature.

so please refrain from attempting to make people "like" posts to support feature request.

Get in touch with Profiler online support team here

• dear skoczy -
    i was never able to understand why you believe that instructing people to _like_ a post will make a different. in any case, to us, it doesn't because we do not take it into account. same goes for "+1" to a degree. to support a feature, the replying poster should express the reason why he supports the feature.

so please refrain from attempting to make people "like" posts to support feature request.

I myself think this is a good way to support an idea

• I myself think this is a good way to support an idea

feel free to do it. it is not forbidden. it is just weird when this type of instruction pops up all the time and the recipient of the request pays no attention to the detail instructed (the "like").

Get in touch with Profiler online support team here

• it is just weird when this type of instruction pops up all the time and the recipient of the request pays no attention to the detail instructed (the "like").

Well for my feeling there are some posting which are more weird for me.
    Why you feel bothered with it.?

• dear skoczy -

@G String now I don't understand, why that hurts you?
    Actually hitting like button made my request for cab management in RM hit the second place just 2 months after I requested it. So I guess it matters for community after all.
    And the thread itself, where I requested to like requested features hit 3rd place, so I guess community found it useful.
    But now you've expressed that, you don't take "likes" into account, the same goes for "+1", fine that you've made it clear. I won't spend my time doing what I thought was kinda useful.
    I doubt anyone knew, that replying with the reason to the request, actually was meaningful feedback. But it's good that it's been mentioned, maybe making it sticky would be a good idea.
    And about this "weird when this type of instruction pops up all the time"... isn't "Block" button on user's profile made for that reason? I don't care if anyone blocks me, but this sounds like you're sharing someone's opinion. I have never heard from anybody "oh skoczy you're rude with your requests, please stop".
    If someone got offended by my notification, shall I be damned for eternity.

• Let me try to rebuild some context for what is happening... It will serve myself as well :)

The push to Like the OP of a relevant thread was born because we discovered that only those likes were reported in the threads' list. I might be completely wrong here, but I seem to remember that a guy from the team had commented that Kemper don't "see" the other Likes.

I believe that the habit of liking a thread\post rather than discussing it derives from the feeling (which has been somehow implicitly enforced by the team) that Kemper don't have time to read all the posts\threads. So my guess is that the forumites assume(d) that a number of Likes is the best way to drive attention to a certain thread, that Kemer might then decide to follow with more attention (talking about feature requests, after all :) ).

Having said that, I must confess that I'm not a big fan of continuous and systematic calls to Like a certain post\thread. Deciding to Ignore a certain user because of this would be a pity, since they can always post something interesting or relevant, or just funny or anyway pleasant.
    IMO, Ignoring a member makes sense when you find that most of their posts are unpleasant\boring\inappropriate only.

I believe that the general feeling on the board might benefit from more feedback from the crew. It's the feeling of being ignored\left alone\apart that makes a man (or a kid) cry louder... Just look at how happy us members are when a guy from Kemper comments something about an acknowledged bug, the appreciation of an idea or suggestion, a future development.
    Don't take me wrong, I'm no way saying that the team doesn't work hard, doesn't listen, or doesn't care. But - if you allow me to use a maybe forced metaphor - one thing is to love someone, one other is to tell them you do: as much as the former is the most relevant thing in a relationship, you can hardly keep it warm without the latter...
    Basically, I guess the userbase would feel much more involved if there was more feedback and dialogue (thinking for example of the exceptional job the Line6 team has been doing on the Helix thread on TGP since the name "Helix" itself popped up).

Hope this makes any sense.

Peace all :)

• I for one just assumed it'd be too much trouble for those busy programmers.

I'm immensely impressed that our beloved Team™ actually takes the time to read our posts. It's the logical thing to do, and dare I say it, probably not as popular in these heady days where old-school principles have become tired for so many.

About as old-school a digital amp simulator as one could hope to find, IMHO.

• It is true that I once commented that a 'like' is more visible than a '+1'.
    This does however in no way mean that all we look for is the threads with the highest number of likes. Just because some topics are not commented on does not mean they were not read. ;)
    In the end it will always be a stated opinion, idea and real world experience or example (like I posted above) that will give the request for a feature weight.