Spring reverb, again, again, again.....

• Put me down as officially NOT wanting Spring Reverb anymore.

I'd rather have an Editor as my priority because literally everyone asking about the KPA wants one.
    And with the Helix and FXII's both having one, Kemper kind of has to respond IMO.

Then USB recording.

Then profile morphing.

Then 2 days before Kemper II, you can have your Spring Reverb.

• Usb recording is not possible, the unit wasn't developed with that function in mind
    Meaning, the unit doesn't have the hardware that would enable recording sound.

• Thanks. With all the threads I've read, funny I haven't come across that one. Didn't really care about it though.

Love the XLR and Digital, either way. Otherwise I couldn't use my Unison tech on the Apollo.

• Did similar things happened to Acces Virus (like version II) after USB MIDI driver and editor release?

• Sometimes I like to record with spring reverb - like I used to do with my Fender Deluxe Reverb. Anyone have a good way - is the Strymon the best verb now? Has anyone tried putting an actual spring reverb unit in the fx loop? I'm looking for a reverb I can either put in the fx loop or plug the Kemper into before going into the converters. Thanks

• Carl Martin make a real spring reverb tank in pedal form. It's called Headroom

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Hmm probably not the best demo of it lol!
    There's also this :

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Maybe the accelerometer is there for the purpose of determining how many times a faulty unit has fallen to the floor (warranty issues)?

Does anyone know if the KPA unit has a hard drive for main storage? I haven't opened mine up (nor do I intend to), and I guess I would be surprised if it did use a hard drive. I have to think it uses some type of flash/NAND non-volatile memory.

However...if the KPA does employ a hard drive, that might explain the existence of an accelerometer. Many hard drive controllers have these electro-mechanical accelerometers in order to protect the drive. Specifically, they are used to detect a free fall condition, and immediately park the hard drive's read/write head before the high-g impact event occurs.

• I remember watching Tony Mac's video where he took a rack unit apart, John. This was before I bought my KPA, but I don't remember seeing a spinner in there. My guess is that it's Flash RAM.

Traditional spinning hard drive? No. Heavy, slow, old school. Kemper uses flash memory for storage - more here and here

• About Spring Reverb ... in the meantime we are waiting for some big upgrade/improvement, I believe that working with the actual parameters we can achieve already very good result.

I'm talking in particular about setting using the Type Ambience or Matchbox in our KPA. What do you think? Do you agree on this or not? What is missing for you mainly?

I found a couple of settings for example really not bad ... I'm saying this because sometime it happen that we fix on thing that we cannot have without make the most from what we already have...

Just a thought!

• I totally agree with your sentiment, but for me, the Matchbox doesn't come close to a real spring reverb in a Super Reverb, for example. Nowhere near. I haven't tried using the Ambience setting, will give that a bash tonight. Thanks!

• Traditional spinning hard drive? No. Heavy, slow, old school. Kemper uses flash memory for storage - more here and here

Hi Skoczy,

Thanks for the links. I don't mean to derail this thread. However, those specific links deal with SDRAM, which I presume applies to the KPA's main operating system memory. SDRAM is volatile.

This still leaves the question of what type of non-volatile memory system stores everything when the KPA is powered off. I agree with yourself and Nicky (MM), as noted in my original post. In the absence of a traditional hard drive, I assume it is a NAND-based flash memory. However, I have not been able to find any specifics on this matter.

Cheers,
    John