OS 2.3 is out!

• I'm not in a hurry... my KPA already works fine! :thumbup:

bak you up on this: still at 2.0.1. and working like a charm. don't really need performance mode and besides I'm on tour and recording. wouldn't like to cure some bugs of the new 2.3...........

"...why being satisfied with an amp, as great as it can be, while you can have them all?" michael mellner

"Rock in Ecclesia" - new album on iTunes or Google music

• bak you up on this: still at 2.0.1. and working like a charm. don't really need performance mode and besides I'm on tour and recording. wouldn't like to cure some bugs of the new 2.3...........

yeah I´m on 2.1. here, I´m just really really stoked for the new features of 2.3. and the rig manager. A lot of great stuff in there. However I´m gonna wait for the official release and not the beta. I need my KPA to work.... or I´m gonna die of sound-starvation :D

• I updated with no problems at all..:)

I hope the Manager comes out soon... only because I've spent the last week or so loosing my mind
    with all the checking for the download... I'm gonna lose my marbles :)

Leg em down and yackem smackem

• Great so far. One bonus of this firmware is rigs aren't limited to 1000. I have over 1400 now (again like older firmware) with factory content loaded in aswell and it's telling me the memory is maxed out. What I have noticed is switching between browser and perform modes seems to take a little longer now. On bootup the system displays the file types it's checking. As far as I can tell all of my settings haven't been touched and it's working as before. Excellent, so how about that Spring Reverb?

• One bonus of this firmware is rigs aren't limited to 1000. I have over 1400 now

Please don't use the Profiler as a sound archiving machine, even if you should find ways to trick the system. This isn't a competition and there is no price to win. We strongly recommend not more than 1000 rigs in Browse Mode while Performance Mode offers another 625 slots on top. This should be sufficient for those sounds that you need in immediate access. These limits leave sufficient room for future features, which will increase the size of rig files.

• Please don't use the Profiler as a sound archiving machine, even if you should find ways to trick the system. This isn't a competition and there is no price to win. We strongly recommend not more than 1000 rigs in Browse Mode while Performance Mode offers another 625 slots on top. This should be sufficient for those sounds that you need in immediate access. These limits leave sufficient room for future features, which will increase the size of rig files.

You say that, but I have it on strong authority from a spokesperson at Aperture Science that the first person to 2000 rigs gets cake.

Seriously though maybe just a recommendation that it could cause problems rather than an admonition for rig gluttony. I'd have thought it's completely up to an individual how many rigs they do or don't want to have at their fingertips, if it can be done then that's their call. I always thought the profiler was meant to be a sound archiving machine. It's also quite easy to end up with a lot of rigs when auditioning and until that rig manager comes out the process is still gonna be quite cumbersome for cutting it down (not to mention I always feel it's somewhat risky to keep pluging/unplugging into the USB, not only does the port feel delicate but I worry about causing stability problems), as soon as the rig manager is out though it'll be a breeze to organize off of the profiler and keep things streamlined.

• Gotta say that I like the update so far, the ability to switch the EQ position making a dramatic difference with many profiles.

The Analog Octave effect isn't quite what I expected. I thought I saw a demo with them using it on chords but I must have been mistaken as in person it's clearly a single note pitch shifter (chords cause it to search around and warble), but the sound on single notes really good and rich and I can imagine it'll totally rock on bass.

So far the only thing I'm less than happy with after updating is the changes to the "Space" setting, everything else so far is really nice. So great job team Kemper!

• it's clearly a single note pitch shifter (chords cause it to search around and warble),

Yes, this is mentioned in the manual for OS 2.3 too.

Side note: Sometimes I wonder if anyone is reading the manuals that are coming with every OS update...

I could have farted and it would have sounded good! (Brian Johnson)