FX Loop / Direct Output issue not fixed in 2.3b, that's disappointing

• I imagine not a lot of people use the FX loop in a way that is affected by the direct out, but I do and it's quite aggravating that whenever I switch to a rig that has the FX loop engaged the Direct Out in the Master Section changes from "Off" to "Git+Processing".

I have opened a ticket (#KA00077065) around December 10th, it's been almost two months, a new firmware version has come out and the issue was not addressed. Is it that hard to fix? I'm feeling very frustrated right now.

• how exactly are you using the FX loop if i may ask?

KPA FX Send -> Banshee Talk Box |---| Shure Beta 57 -> Mic Preamp -> KPA FX Return

This mean that after changing to a rig with the FX loop on for a solo or a phrase, the Direct Output in the Master Section gets turned on and the talk box will be buzzing in my ears from then on. Note that this bug was introduced in one of the recent firmware updates, it wasn't there in 1.6 for instance.

• KPA FX Send -> Banshee Talk Box |---| Shure Beta 57 -> Mic Preamp -> KPA FX Return

This mean that after changing to a rig with the FX loop on for a solo or a phrase, the Direct Output in the Master Section gets turned on and the talk box will be buzzing in my ears from then on. Note that this bug was introduced in one of the recent firmware updates, it wasn't there in 1.6 for instance.

It makes sense to me, that the presence of a Loop would switch the Direct Out (= Send) out of the 'off' state.

what happens if you disengage the Banshee with it's footswitch?

• Don, the FX Send gets turned on when I select a rig that uses the FX Loop and the Banshee works fine. The problem is, when I select another rig that doesn't use the FX Loop, the Direct Output does not go back to its previous state and the Banshee keeps pumping its buzzing (LOUD) sound when it's not needed, or wanted. The Direct Output is a global parameter in the Master Section, and should not be permanently changed because I select a rig which uses the FX loop, it should go back to what it was set to before - in my case, "Off". That was the behavior until a few firmwares ago btw, and it worked perfectly with my talk box.

• This is not a bug, but a feature.
    For the fx loop it used to be a drawback when the direct out was switched on and off, it caused artifacts.

It is simply this: an effects loop stomp switch was never meant to be a switch for the direct out.

• This is not a bug, but a feature.
    For the fx loop it used to be a drawback when the direct out was switched on and off, it caused artifacts.

It is simply this: an effects loop stomp switch was never meant to be a switch for the direct out.

I'm sorry for reviving this thread after such a long time, but I hadn't seen this reply before. I think you got it backwards, because the current behavior is that when you select a rig that has the FX loop in any slot, even if the direct out is set to "off" it will be turned to "Git+Processing" and stay like that even after another rig is selected. Is that really the expected behavior? Doesn't seem right to me that simply selecting a rig would change a global setting to an arbitrary value and leave it at that after you leave that rig.

IMHO this is what should happen: as soon as a rig with the FX Loop engage is selected, if you press the "Master" button the direct out should read "FX Loop" and should not allow the user to change that setting until a rig that doesn't have the FX Loop engaged is selected. And when that happens, whatever was selected for the direct out before the rig with the FX loop became active should be brought back.