Stymphalian Productions - Marshall 8100 "Thrash" Pack!

• [Blocked Image: http://images.cdn.bigcartel.co…/ThrashPack-PromoCrop.jpg]

Listen to some tones here -

Behold! The Marshall Valvestate 8100 Thrash Pack...

Nine profiles of searing metal recorded at Stymphalian Productions, York, UK by James Stephenson.

This pack contains the following profiles:

- Speedball Lead
    - CaliThrash
    - XtremeCaliThrash
    - Tight Metal
    - Scorched Earth
    - Fat Thrash 01
    - Fat Thrash 02
    - GoatofThrash
    - Chimey Clean

Many thanks to Marco Cudan (Mago) for the backing track/guitar DI's & also helping with the artwork

Please visit the Big Cartel page to purchase:

http://theblackstymphalian.bigcartel.com/

For ONE week only it's on sale at £10!

• Thanks guys! Pretty pleased with this one....it's a very tough amp to profile so it took quite a bit of time to get these down.

They have an "inspirational" quality about them that just makes you jam out and write new riffs!

Yeah i'd love to do more....if I can get my hands on more amps =p

• Yeah i'd love to do more....if I can get my hands on more amps =p

Thats what I wanted to hear :D If you can get your hands on a Uberschall, 6505+, Randall, Framus Cobra or even another 5153 pack that would be killer. I´ll stay on the lookout for your next pack!

• Thats what I wanted to hear :D If you can get your hands on a Uberschall, 6505+, Randall, Framus Cobra or even another 5153 pack that would be killer. I´ll stay on the lookout for your next pack!

Haha those amps would be killer...never even been in the same room as an Uberschall :( Could totally sort out a larger 5153 pack and I think a 6505 pack could also be do-able (non plus version)

By the way, do you guys prefer something like i've been doing...seperate packs for you to choose or have some bigger packs which include multiple amps?

• 5153 and 6505 packs would be killer! I hope you can put something together! Both of these amps are great for extreme metal!

Personally I like both. Metal packs with different profiles of different amps and the classic "(metal) amp-pack" which contains more profiles of the same amp

• I think i'll stick to singles, least if you only dig the sound of one setup you can just pick that out rather than buying 5 amps when you only use 1.

I'll see what I can do =)

• Thanks guys! Pretty pleased with this one....it's a very tough amp to profile so it took quite a bit of time to get these down.

They have an "inspirational" quality about them that just makes you jam out and write new riffs!

Yeah i'd love to do more....if I can get my hands on more amps =p

Agreed!

We tried profiling my 8100 about 6 or 8 times doing all kinds of adjustments.
    My hats off to you and every engineer that has had to record with one in their
    studio.

• I can only encourage anyone slightly into thrash to check out those profiles.

And James is right, the demo sounds nice but still doesn't do justice to how different those profiles sound and play without a backingtrack.
    When he sent me those to check them out I basically couldn't really respond for half an hour cause I had to riff away until my right arm was dead haha

Totally gives me the urge to thrash the f*ck away :D

• I bought the pack but havent had a chance to try it yet, I'm really looking forward to it.

Can you get some pretty convincing old school Testament tones? If so which profiles would be the best for that kind of sound?

• The ones in that pack are all quite modern so I doubt you'll be getting any 80's Testament tones out of it.

Testament is my favorite band so im keen to explore their tones.

For the Gathering that was a Dual recto mic'd with a 57BETA. Formation the 5150III through the matching cab...and the new one (as far as I know) is the same setup but with a Heil PR30.

Do you have my EVH pack? You can mold some of those to sound quite similar to Formation of Damnation. I haven't really had chance to track too much with the 8100 pack but I think that's their most modern sounding album to date.

• Wow!
    Marshall Valwestate 8100 is an amp that Chuck Schuldiner (R.I.P.) of DEATH was using.

Do you have this kind of sound? I found 1 profile of 8100 on RigExchange but it was weak and got deleted.

I got B.C. Rich Stealth Chuck's signature guitar. I wonder if I could get his sound with your profiles.

• Not quite sure...im not massively up on Death. These are pretty vicious/modern sounding profiles...perhaps if you swapped the Mesa cab for a Marshall on the Kemper you might be getting closer. I'd assume TSOP was the most modern sounding from Death!

• Jaymz, check out this link from youtube, Lasse Lammert recorded a compilation of Death tunes with the Marshall 8100 and a Marshall 1960 cab. What do you think? I still haven't had a chance to try the pack out yet. Is it possible to get this sound from your pack? I'd love to be able to get the tones like you are hearing from this LL clip. I'm sure your pack is going to be amazing when i finally get a chance to play it. :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fSf--G0wOjg

Thanks

• It would be possible if I could get my hands on that cab. I know Lasse well so as far as settings/processing details go I could simply ask.

I've put the feelers out if anybody has one of those cabs so I just have to sit and wait.

• Very cool! If you can get ahold of the cab and the settings Lasse used maybe you could do an expansion 'DEATH' pack to the 8100 profile set with some great profiles that capture the sound of DEATH. I bet it would be a hit with all the fans of Death and death metal in general. I was looking thru the youtube messages and Lasse mentioned these settings...Bass: max Mid: 3-4 treb: 5 Gain: max contour: 7-8 Volume: Max Master: 3

Since you know Lasse though you can go straight to the source for all the info to achieve that tone like he got in that video.