Rig Manager 1.0 public beta

• One more piece of info that is good to know:
    If you sync'ed your Profiler with Rig Exchange, the whole set of rigs is stored in the same place mentioned above. BUT BE AWARE that the filename of this database consists of your Profiler's serial number! So even if it's tempting for some to share things they shouldn't share with others (which I hope nobody will do!), you don't want to share the serial number of your Profiler for sure. It can cost you the access to the nice seat in Kemper Theatre (and more).

thank you for bringing this up. i was just about to relay something similar. as much as i appreciate all the insight, let me point out one thing or two: it is not advisable for Joe Sixpack or Plane Jane to tamper with the database. we had this at the very beginning of time with text editors and Kemper Rigs on as USB stick and as we all might remember: it ended up in tears (for Average Joe).

so please, just don't open up pandora's box.
    gs

Get in touch with Profiler online support team here

• so please, just don't open up pandora's box.

Good advice! Keep your fingers OFF this stuff if you don't know exactly what you do. Thanks for adding this, G String.

On a very positive side for "Joe and Jane": The rig export from Rig Manager is lightning fast, a real pleasure. :)
    So there's little to no need to tamper with these files. But it's good to know the location in case you want to include it in scheduled backups or in case you want to have a look at the XML file (which contained the info about max_user_connections for example)

• Great beta so far, loving it! :)

While testing some new rigs I thought to myself: Wouldn't it be nice to trigger a DI file in the Rig Manager to hear the actual preset via the KPA? :)

My KPA is connected via SPDIF to my PC so if the computer plays a sound file I can hear it being amplified by the Kemper. Instead of playing guitar I would use the Rig Manager to do the job for me. Yeah, I know that I'm lazy but when organising rigs I sometimes don't want/have/need my guitar around :)

• working good so far (one problem when copy and pasting some profiles to the local database, it just did not copy but instead the Status bar did not move, but the Editor was usable during that "hang")

and my favourites where deleted, don´t know if because of firmwareupdate or because of first database readout

• OK, I'm confused about downloading Rig Exchange profiles. I installed Rig Manager with no issues. I checked the use Rig Exchange box. I put in my Kemper credentials and tested the connection OK. At that point I'm not sure what else to do. Are profiles from Rig Exchange supposed just start downloading in to Rig Manager or am I supposed to initiate something else to get it started importing? If I highlight the Rig Exchange folder is shows 0 profiles and if I click on the "File" menu "import" is greyed out. I'm either totally confused or I'm missing a mystery piece. :)

• When you plug in the USB from the kemper for the first time after installing the new OS beta, is it meant to install a driver or something on your pc? I didn't notice anything, but when I plug in the USB the kemper hangs shortly after. (Not sure how long as the active rig still works and wasn't paying enough attention). Happened a couple of times ended up resulting in all my rigs getting wiped (glad I had a backup)

If there is a driver can it be installed annually?

System is win 8 64bit. USB 3 if that's relevant.

• OK, I'm confused about downloading Rig Exchange profiles. I installed Rig Manager with no issues. I checked the use Rig Exchange box. I put in my Kemper credentials and tested the connection OK. At that point I'm not sure what else to do. Are profiles from Rig Exchange supposed just start downloading in to Rig Manager or am I supposed to initiate something else to get it started importing? If I highlight the Rig Exchange folder is shows 0 profiles and if I click on the "File" menu "import" is greyed out. I'm either totally confused or I'm missing a mystery piece. :)

Mine is the same.

I think it's just that the world and his wife are trying to get on this at the moment and it's doing a 'computer says no' :)

I'm looking forward to that part working but must say I've had an evening of fantastic fun with my Kemper and this new software. It's great!

Improvements? Well.....

I'd like a ratings system. This isn't a complaint - it's just I'm suffering from 'favourite abuse ridiculous ticking' syndrome (or FART for short). There are so many decent rigs that 'favourite' or 'not favourite' isn't quite enough :)

I suffered from favourite abuse before. Now, it's easier to find rigs so I can only see this personal weakness getting worse :P

• When you plug in the USB from the kemper for the first time after installing the new OS beta, is it meant to install a driver or something on your pc? I didn't notice anything, but when I plug in the USB the kemper hangs shortly after. (Not sure how long as the active rig still works and wasn't paying enough attention). Happened a couple of times ended up resulting in all my rigs getting wiped (glad I had a backup)

If there is a driver can it be installed annually?

System is win 8 64bit. USB 3 if that's relevant.

Mine just worked....

Did you install 2.3 already? It's required for rig manager to work I believe. That's my only thought so apologies if you've already done that :)

• Mine just worked....

Did you install 2.3 already? It's required for rig manager to work I believe. That's my only thought so apologies if you've already done that :)

Got no problem, too, 2.3 is required for RM. The only crook: RM is now running on my iMac (Windows 7 - Parallels Desktop), it would be fine to have an OSX-version soon. ;)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    first name: Guenter / family name: Haas / www.guenterhaas.de

• I assume the Rig Exchange folder is staying at 0 because, as reported just before, the server is down.

There doesn't seem to be a way to change multiple rigs tags unless they are all the same tags to begin with.

Will there be a way to append to multiple tags at some point? So I can download Rig Exchange and Pre-Pend "RE - <rig name>" to a batch file?

• 1) I noticed the Rig Manager won't load "Cabs" (Tills) is that normal?

2) Sometimes hangs on loading profiles into a new folder (green status bar hangs) So I kill it and reboot. The program won't come up the first double-click. But does the second double-click. Win 7 64bit (or else I'm impatient)

3) Till's Chimera Rig Pack won't load, just like his cabs. Hmmm. Weird. Every other rig does load but his, even rebooting the software.

Edited once, last by db9091 ().

• thanks to the kemper team so much!

*solved hit backspace and enter*
    one quick question...I notice when you load a rig (in this case from my kemper) I can edit the descriptions.
    Is there a way to save this after I have modified my profiles?
    I'd also like to leave comments for profiles on my kemper as a little more description (songs etc)
    Can you do this?

Edited once, last by caveman1 ().

• Great beta so far, loving it! :)

While testing some new rigs I thought to myself: Wouldn't it be nice to trigger a DI file in the Rig Manager to hear the actual preset via the KPA? :)

My KPA is connected via SPDIF to my PC so if the computer plays a sound file I can hear it being amplified by the Kemper. Instead of playing guitar I would use the Rig Manager to do the job for me. Yeah, I know that I'm lazy but when organising rigs I sometimes don't want/have/need my guitar around :)

I think that would be pretty easy?!?!
    Just have a DI file on audacity or whatever program you use and loop it routed thru the kemper and use rig manager to audition