Rig Manager 1.0 public beta

• Thank you for creating the RM.

Why are the profiles we dl to our computers stored here, in a temp folder?
    C:\Users\Comp1\AppData\Local\Temp\Kemper Amps\RigManager

Is it possible to have them stored in a user defined location?
    I was hoping the folder we make in the Rig Manager would actually create folders on our hard drives.

The Kemper Profiling Amp is the best musical invention since the Electric Guitar and the Marshall Amp .

Edited 2 times, last by Laker ().

• Thank you anyway,

DonPetersen gave me the hint to look again and more carefully for the RM-entry in the list of the uninstallable programs and I did found it, tried again the unistall - reinstall - reconnect - procedure with the same result: no connection of the RM with my KPA. We encircled the problem in an incorrect driver installation on both my computers. How to solve this is still open, but I think I should play a few minutes on my Strat than sit anylonger infront of my monitor...

There will be a turnaround anyhow, we still not know it.

Thank you again, Torsten :)

• Tried again this morning using a USB 2.0 port on my PC. Worked a charm, have sent info to kemper. Not an expert on this is can't say its a USB 3.0 issue, just wanted to share the info. Rig manager rocks. So easy to preview and manage profiles !

Wow, that was the issue for me as well. It never occurred to me that in 2014 I would have to worry about which USB port to plug it into.
    Especially for a device that was released well after USB3 was adopted by the industry. USB3 is supposed to be backward compatible but we all know that is not always true. It was your post that made me try it. Thanks! :thumbup:
    I still can't access the rig ex.It just keeps jacking off at the bottom of the screen with its 'requesting, connecting' with no rigs being captured. And when testing connection, it fails everytime. Don't know whats up with that. Not sure why it fails since its just my Kemper site ID and password. Oh well, at least I have access to my own stuff.

Fortunately its not a critical app for me since I long ago scrubbed my KPA of all but around 50 profiles. But it would be nice if it just worked. Still the effort is much appreciated and I'm sure it all will be sorted in time. Thanks K-team!

• "

Quoted from "bshaw92"
    I've been trying to adjust some naming for the amp. I can change it but it's not saving the change. What is the procedure that I'm missing?

How do you proceed?

"
    Grasshopper...a question within a question....

When I click on the name I can edit it. I simply hit enter and it shows the new name, but does not change it on the machine. I've looked through edit and other file menus and cannot see directly what might need to happen. I then walk on rice paper barefoot without making a mark on the paper and it still does not change the name.

"More Guitar in the Monitors" :thumbup:

• I'm not sure if it's already been asked, but will it run on a system with Windows XP? I'm an Apple guy, but I have an old Motion LS800 tablet running Windows XP. Sorry if it's a dumb question, I don't know much about PC operating system differences etc..

• I don't know if this can be considered a bug and if this thread is the right place to report it... However I was testing some profiles from the exchange using my laptop and when the battery died the KPA remained frozen and turning the power knob did nothing for a while until it eventually powered off with a "thump" noise... After restarting the unit evertyhing was fine but it doesn't seem very healthy for the unit, and since using the kpa with a battery powered laptop seems like a common scenario, this situation should be looked into.

Thanks in advance.

Matt.

• I'm not sure if it's already been asked, but will it run on a system with Windows XP? I'm an Apple guy, but I have an old Motion LS800 tablet running Windows XP. Sorry if it's a dumb question, I don't know much about PC operating system differences etc..

sorry, XP is not supported. it's pretty much an absolete OS.

:)

[b]I still can't access the rig ex.It just keeps jacking off at the bottom of the screen with its 'requesting, connecting' with no rigs being captured. And when testing connection, it fails everytime. Don't know whats up with that. Not sure why it fails since its just my Kemper site ID and password. Oh well, at least I have access to my own stuff.

Fortunately its not a critical app for me since I long ago scrubbed my KPA of all but around 50 profiles. But it would be nice if it just worked. Still the effort is much appreciated and I'm sure it all will be sorted in time. Thanks K-team!

Use your Kemper site EMAIL ADDRESS and password.

• Is it normal, that the rig manager takes 10-15 minutes to download the rigs from the kemper, everytime you start it ?

Try to cycle firmware on your Kemper. I had severe problems with RM being uber slow (pretty much unusable). Loaded 2.2.1 firmware then 2.3 right after and everything is back to normal.

• why is that?
    gs

I believe that the request (and for me makes a lot of sense, too) is to have the possibility to create a local Directory in our Drive to store all the data of the rig manager.
    Why:
    1) to makes the Data Base of the Rigs portable within different PC (Home and Work, just as an example)
    2) to save in a safest way all the DB of Rigs created by the Rig Manager and have a backup for for this
    What do you think about it?

• This is exactly my problem!

Uninstalled and reinstalled everything at least 10 times... no luck :(

• I have still the loadling problem... :S
    What can i do ?
    Everytime, i open the rig manager, the preferences windows pops up and asks me about the name...
    And after clicking "ok" it takes 10-20 minutes where the rig manager downloads the files.