Rig Manager 1.0 public beta

• I believe that the request (and for me makes a lot of sense, too) is to have the possibility to create a local Directory in our Drive to store all the data of the rig manager.
    Why:
    1) to makes the Data Base of the Rigs portable within different PC (Home and Work, just as an example)
    2) to save in a safest way all the DB of Rigs created by the Rig Manager and have a backup for for this
    What do you think about it?

great ideas maurizio! this is why you can 1) move the database and 2) back it up easily because everything is in one folder :thumbup: i think the original poster was referring to the fact that the rigs are not stored in a nested folder structure on the drive.
    gs

Get in touch with Profiler online support team here

• I have still the loadling problem...
    What can i do ?
    Everytime, i open the rig manager, the preferences windows pops up and asks me about the name...
    And after clicking "ok" it takes 10-20 minutes where the rig manager downloads the files.

i might be mistaken but this indicates that both the name and what's coming from Rig Exchange is not stored in the end. please contact support - maybe you need to adjust the owner rights of where things are being stored.
    thanks, gs

• Wow, that was the issue for me as well. It never occurred to me that in 2014 I would have to worry about which USB port to plug it into.

as for the Profiler driver you don't have to worry about the port. nevertheless, if you keep having troubles with a certain USB3 port, contact support and send some details.
    thanks, gs

Use your Kemper site EMAIL ADDRESS and password.

I am using my kemper site email address and password. It's not complicated. It just fails to connect. I'm baffled.

After the dusk of the Gods, it was the time for Humans!

as for the Profiler driver you don't have to worry about the port. nevertheless, if you keep having troubles with a certain USB3 port, contact support and send some details.
    thanks, gs

Thanks GS. The thing is it installed the driver on a usb3 port, and it shows up in RigMgr. It just would not download anything. When I tried the usb2 port it began downloading From the profiler right away. Just nothing from RigEx.

After the dusk of the Gods, it was the time for Humans!

• great ideas maurizio! this is why you can 1) move the database and 2) back it up easily because everything is in one folder :thumbup: i think the original poster was referring to the fact that the rigs are not stored in a nested folder structure on the drive.
    gs

So, we already can do this? Fantastic! And the folder to be ported out or to make a backup is the one where the SW is installed?
    Can you tell us which is the folder where all the rig are stored and the file of the db, if any one is separated?
    Thanks!

• Hi everybody,

glad to see, I'm not alone, but never the less there is still no chance to be part of the getting always bigger crowd of RM users who can use it with their profilers. What I tried instead? Unistalled and reinstalled a fresh downloaded RM, changed the firmware of my profiler back to 2.2.1. and then back to a fresh downloaded 2.3 beta (I think, it's not a problem of this, but with a computer you always can't be sure absolutely... :) ), now I also tried another method of getting an influence what driver the PC uses with the profiler:

I went to the hardwaremager first, had my KPA connected:
    [Blocked Image: http://imageshack.com/a/img600/5396/iou3.jpg]

than I rightclicked on it:
    [Blocked Image: http://imageshack.com/a/img594/6553/x0xu.jpg]

now I did a left click:
    [Blocked Image: http://imageshack.com/a/img853/3279/8jp9.jpg]

at this point I disconnected my profiler and after that I left clicked again:
    [Blocked Image: http://imageshack.com/a/img837/4725/lgup.jpg]

and pointed on the driver subdirectory of the Kemper Amps folder. I got the following message afterwards:
    [Blocked Image: http://imageshack.com/a/img401/9697/jj0h.jpg]

As you see, there was a change from "Profiler" to "Kemper Profiler", but if I connected my KPA now again to the USB port, the well known picture one (see above, that one with the red arrow) came up. The behaviour stayed always the same: Connect and reconnect the profiler gave an announcement sound on Windows, but in the hardwaremanager there was always only a profiler that had no driver in use.
    [Blocked Image: http://imageshack.com/a/img163/4287/lr1s.jpg] [Blocked Image: http://imageshack.com/a/img824/3966/v8lu.jpg]

So I gave you all the information I collected up to now. Maybe someone has a good idea to solve the way my computer (and obvious not only my one!) handles wrong with the Kemper driver.
    I will be back this evening and I thank you all in advance for take notice of my problem.

with best regards, Torsten

• Strange.

I download the ZIP file, after downloading it shows 0 Bytes and error when I try to unzip it?

Strange.

I download the ZIP file, after downloading it shows 0 Bytes and error when I try to unzip it?

Strange.

Could someone tell me what the Rig Manager is supposed to look like on the PC ? This is what I get but I dont see the "chosen" profile at the top nor do I have the ability to "preview" the profile ( Its what I would use it for primarily )
    Thank you.

• MAC VERSION PLEASE ! :love:
    Really hope to have a Mac version soon cause i need this stuff !!

I've got snow leopard system or an old windows xp and i don't want to buy an expensive os just to run this.

MAC VERSION PLEASE ! :love:
    Really hope to have a Mac version soon cause i need this stuff !!

I've got snow leopard system or an old windows xp and i don't want to buy an expensive os just to run this.

I agree, I'm in the same boat. I have a tablet PC with XP on it and don't need Windows for anything else. We must be patient grasshopper.

• I've already tried everything you've suggested except that! How did you get back to 2.2.1? Never did a downgrade...

Hopefully this will do the trick I'll report back...

you might want to check if you have the latest drivers for the USB3 ports installed. a fairly common driver is for instance: https://downloadcenter.intel.c…l_Desc.aspx?DwnldID=19880

hth, gs

• I've already tried everything you've suggested except that! How did you get back to 2.2.1? Never did a downgrade...

Hopefully this will do the trick :) I'll report back...

Hi AHChris,

to downgrade the firmware is an easy thing: just copy the kaos-file of the 2.2.1 firmware release to your USB stick (to folder "OS update") and than put it into its dedicated slot. Your KPA will show you, that there is an update available ... and so on. Here this procedure didn't change anything. I think it's a driver problem, like I did show you in my last post :( .

with kind regards, Torsten

• I'm having an issue. On my profiler I have a profile JCM800 for an example I preview it in RM edit it a bit and press save. It saves to my KPA but when I then use RM to preview the edited version for some reason it loads up the unedited version.

Am I doing something wrong ?(

So to get the new edited version to appear in RM I have to close RM and reopen it. Is this how its suppose to be???

• I really like the rig manager. It is so much faster than working on the lcd display. Would like it if I could arrange the perform mode as well, That would be perfect.

I really like the RM as well , i LOVE the preview mode linked directly to the RIG EXCHANGE! It would be great if we could also change Cabs / Effects etc...
    within the Manager for Preview ....... 8o

• I really like the RM as well , i LOVE the preview mode linked directly to the RIG EXCHANGE! It would be great if we could also change Cabs / Effects etc...
    within the Manager for Preview ....... 8o

That would be killer and I could actually see it happen - but then again I´m not very familiar with the technical aspect of this feature. I hope that this will be one of the things which will be introduced somewhere down the line

• Point your Explorer to %AppData%\Kemper Amps\RigManager
    Here you'll find all data.

why is that?
    gs

Because that would allow me to put my actual rigs in those folders. Example: My favorites would be in the My Favorites folder. If RM doesn't work for any reason I have no idea which rigs are my favorites unless I keep a list. It is just better management. It seems like right now the RM tags rigs to identify them in virtual folders you create. It is kind of weird that you create a folder in RM but it doen'y show up on your HD. Never seen a program do that before.

The Kemper Profiling Amp is the best musical invention since the Electric Guitar and the Marshall Amp .