The Unofficial Official Rig Manager FR Thread

• First off, kudos to the Kemper team for delivering us from the horrors of USB sticks. The software seems to work great, and it's just awesome being able to sort through rigs and preview them right from my laptop. Plus, I CAN USE MY KEYBOARD TO NAME THINGS. OMG.

All that said, I'm sure everyone on here has a hundred suggestions for where to go from, so I figured we might as well try to collect them in one place rather than cluttering up the Feature Request forum.

Rules:
    - Leave your suggestions here, and I'll try to keep this post updated as they come in.
    - This is for feature requests, NOT bugs. The Rig Manager manual has an email address for reporting those.

Now then...

-----

- Manage Performance Mode slots, renaming, etc. Being able to store performance banks on your computer and then drag/drop them to the Kemper as needed would be really cool.

- Handle Kemper OS updates and other downloads through the Rig Manager.

- Add a user rating system, separate from the Rig Exchange ratings, so you can see at a glance how much you liked a profile the last time you played it.

Stolen from Per's thread:
    - Allow column drag & drop reordering.
    - Allow multi-key jump, i.e. start typing in a name and it should jump to that name rather than just using a single letter. This is different from the search filter.
    - Show/Highlight the active rig on the Kemper (and add a * next to it's name if it's been edited and is different from the local offline version.
    - Duplicate command. Should just duplicate the rig with an incremented number after the name.
    - Show which rigs are currently uploaded on the Kemper from within the "Local Library" folder (and maybe even Rig Exchange), ideally give them a checkbox that you can uncheck to unload them.
    - Horizontal Split in the list (or the ability to open two rig manager windows at once) in order to compare rigs.
    Double-click on a location in the left column to open a new window
    - Detection of profiling mode. Create a special "Current Profile" rig that's selected when the profiler enters profiling mode so you can use the Rig Manager's Inspector to enter the rig name etc without having to use the Kemper front panel controls. Ideally allowing you to store a copy at the current state from the rig manager, so you could then continue to refine and save out more variations at different refining levels.

- Let Rig Manager handle importing of cab and effect presets, and/or work with CabMaker for importing IRs.

- Import the complete structure when adding rigs that the user has already organized into folders.

- Some kind of VST integration would be really cool - just something you could put on a guitar track and have it communicate with Rig Manager, so you can store the rig you were using in the project and recall it to your Kemper via the RM at the click of a button.

• Good point. I copied my reply to Pers post:

Good suggestions.

5. Location 'All Rigs' shows a column that shows where the rig is located: Profiler, RE, ... Checkbox to load unload is a good idea, maybe in conjunction with a dedicated 'Sync' button.
    6. Doubleclick on a location/folder opens a second/third... window.