2.3 sound muffled?

• works sweetly here. nice to see that the clean sense got quite a bit less hot... now i can have my guitar on -3 db, instead of -8 db. very nice indeed... :D

Thanks a lot to the kemper team for this quick update.. love it :D

• yes it did. i changed between 2.3.0 and 2.2 about 3 times. had to adjust the clean sense every time. -8db on 2.2, can go down to -3db with 2.3.
    -3db gave massiv red LED on the input with the old firmware. not with the new

• Guess I have to change mine now as well. I was noticing the gain wasn't as hot on my own profiles all of a sudden, but you guys clarified it for me. Thanks! Also I hope remains conistant this time. Easily get some nasty spikes if they change it back to 2.2.1 level.

• Guess I have to change mine now as well. I was noticing the gain wasn't as hot on my own profiles all of a sudden, but you guys clarified it for me. Thanks! Also I hope remains conistant this time. Easily get some nasty spikes if they change it back to 2.2.1 level.

As I understand the "clean sense", it is not a analog gain stage that can produce more distortion but digital input gain. If you want a hotter gain you will have to adjust the distorded sense.

• Can I ask you guys if your problem has gone away with 3.2.1

I noticed today while playing rigs from the RM via the KPA unit, that they sounded a little muffled still, and when I played rigs from the KPA itself (rigs that were not from the rm), they sounded clearer

thanks

Leg em down and yackem smackem

• I want to say it's solved, but I did not do the direct compare of the same rig inside RM vs. w/o RM. Try it later. But the whole switching rigs in Browse Mode (w/o RM connected) and you get different sounds on the same rig, randomly it'll be muffled and other times its fine, is gone.

I do want to say that 2.3.1 may have changed how Clean Sense and Distorted Sense behave, which might contribute to a slight difference in saturation and volume which affects perception, but I can't verify.

• I want to say it's solved, but I did not do the direct compare of the same rig inside RM vs. w/o RM. Try it later. But the whole switching rigs in Browse Mode (w/o RM connected) and you get different sounds on the same rig, randomly it'll be muffled and other times its fine, is gone.

I do want to say that 2.3.1 may have changed how Clean Sense and Distorted Sense behave, which might contribute to a slight difference in saturation and volume which affects perception, but I can't verify.

Nope. Verified clean as a whistle here.

"But dignity is difficult to maintain
    stamina requires constant upkeep
    repetition is boring
    and you pay for grace."

• I noticed today while playing rigs from the RM via the KPA unit, that they sounded a little muffled still, and when I played rigs from the KPA itself (rigs that were not from the rm), they sounded clearer

You should update to 2.3.1. There shouldn't be any difference then.

• Some rigs are more noticeable than others.
    I heard the most difference on the Gundy LuckyNile DP CLN rig.
    Maybe because of the use of a little high shift boost...who knows..
    That rig is really clean so you can hear detail.
    I recorded examples...
    I'll post some them as soon as I can.

Emilio

• Here we go again. :S

• Mine was exhibiting these behaviours -- no gain on some amp models, muffled out-of-phase sounds on others -- until I updated to the latest firmware.

It's now doing it again. The only thing I've done since the last firmware update was install Rig Manager and edit some rigs.

Any ideas? Getting a little frustrated with this issue, to be honest.

• Difference in sound is absolutely noticeable .

KPA team will fix it because they are aware of it , end of story.

1988 Branko Radulovic Hand Made Strat in Macedonia (SFRJ)

2006 Steve Vai vwh moded with SS frets and Sustainac 2006 (Japan)

2008 Fender YJM , moded (USA)

2010 Tom Andersons Drop Top 2010 (made in California)

2017 Charvel GG sig Caramelised Ash (USA)

2022 Gibson ES 335 2011 Custom Shop Cherry of course ( Memphis)

• KPA team will fix it because they are aware of it , end of story.

That may be, but it doesn't make it any less frustrating. It's my main studio rig and I need it to work.

It's happened to me on two different versions of the firmware, including the latest one which claims to have fixed the issue.

I rolled back to 2.2.1 and it seems to be working properly.

• That may be, but it doesn't make it any less frustrating. It's my main studio rig and I need it to work.

It's happened to me on two different versions of the firmware, including the latest one which claims to have fixed the issue.

I rolled back to 2.2.1 and it seems to be working properly.

Are you saying the latest one, issued today on 7th of March- 2.3.3 still have the same sound problems ?
    Parallel path issue was fixed out.

1988 Branko Radulovic Hand Made Strat in Macedonia (SFRJ)

2006 Steve Vai vwh moded with SS frets and Sustainac 2006 (Japan)

2008 Fender YJM , moded (USA)

2010 Tom Andersons Drop Top 2010 (made in California)

2017 Charvel GG sig Caramelised Ash (USA)

2022 Gibson ES 335 2011 Custom Shop Cherry of course ( Memphis)