Stomp question

• Can you add profiled stomps "for instance a personal overdrive, crucial for you sound" into the stomp section? To add into the stomp section instead of the stock ones?

Thanks!

this question sure does come up often.

short answer: no.

the Profiler runs only one profile at the time (in the Amplifier and Cabinet slots)
    the dirt stomps are models of pedals, not profiles.

you can however most likely make profiles of your fav OD & amp combinations.
    or you could just use your pedal in front of the Profiler, since it reacts to pedals like an amp would.

p.s. thread moved. ;)

• Alright, thanks allot for the answer :) I'm quite new to the Kemper, and there is ALLOT of info to grasp, so one needs to ask sometimes.

One question more:

I noticed you can change cabinets. I assume that function only works 100% great, if you profile the amp from from a direct tap, right after the power amp "for instance with a Suhr ISO line out" then add a cabinet impulse response? Is that a correct assumption?
    it seems you can more or less change cabs around from different profiles, no matter if the creator of the profile, profiled the while rig or not. I'd assume it's not replicating as well, as if the various "sections" was profiled or captured separately?

How do you know if the rig is ONE complete profile, or divided into AMP OUT DIRECT + CAB impulse?

• So it's algorithms calculating the "assumed" frequencies that the cab has? :)

Can you load any sort of impulse into your Kemper then? Say, I make a profile of my JMP direct out, and impulses of all my cabs... is it possible mix & match to your liking?

• changing cabs works amazingly well.

you can convert any IR with our Cabmaker utility and use it with the Profiler, but honestly - whenever I switch between a profiled cab and an imported 3rd party IRs (and I have pretty much all the big ones) I immediately notice another dimension of realism with the profiled ones.
    Don't get me wrong, the IRs will sound as good as with any other soft- or hardware that supports IR loading, but compared to a profiled cabinet, they tend to sound 'flatter' or less vibrant to me.
    Just my opinion of course and YMMV ;)

• Cabmaker is purely a .wav to .kipr file format conversion.

there are plenty of software solutions out there to actually make a IR.

but as I said, I will always recommend making a amp+cab profile because the cabinet influences the way the amp behaves, and this cannot be reproduced by taking stand-alone IRs.

• An IR is a Seiko, a Kemper Cab is a Rolex.
    An amp sim is a Hyundai, a Profile is a Ferrari.

Kemper Cab + Kemper Profile = RolexFerrari

:thumbup:

Funny statement from a Japan friend like you! :D Hope you're doing well, Lance :thumbup:

"Music is enough for a lifetime, but a lifetime is not enough for music" Serghei Rachmaninoff