Rig Manager on Mac (Crossover,Bootcamp etc)

• I installed Parallels 7 and Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit last night, exclusively to use Rig Manager. It works fine on OSX 10.6.8, although I'm glad I don't have to use Windows for anything other than this!
    Cheers,
    Sam

• I decided to wait with both, the new Firmware and the RM until we get a good Mac Version. I'm a bit disappointed but we can't change the current situation. On the other side I'm not really convinced a RM is really required. With about 50 to 100 profiles you have everything you need.The rest profiles sound identical and is a waste of space and time to navigate through.

• My Profiler will not sync with Virtual Box on MacBook Pro.I've tried the front USB and the back. The test connection says "ok" on either port, and I can get the rig exchange to load in the Rig Manager, but when I double click on a rig - nothing happens on the profiler, and I have 2.3.1. Any suggestions?

• My Profiler will not sync with Virtual Box on MacBook Pro.I've tried the front USB and the back. The test connection says "ok" on either port, and I can get the rig exchange to load in the Rig Manager, but when I double click on a rig - nothing happens on the profiler, and I have 2.3.1. Any suggestions?

Make sure that the Profiler is checked in VirtualBox's Devices->USB menu (I think that's the correct menu name, if not it's something close).

Brian

• Thanks Brian, the Kemper does not show up in devices, in Virtual Box, yet in Preferences it says the connection is okay.

Dunno if Virtual Box is similar to Parallels, but I connected the Profiler to the computer before trying to run Rig Manager, as Windows has to install drivers for it (requiring a virtual reboot of Windows, too). Then the KPA shows up under USB devices. Maybe you skipped that step...?

Cheers,
    Sam

the Test Connection button is for verifying your user name and password.
    gs

Get in touch with Profiler online support team here

• as for Virtual Box. i have no experience with that at all. i know, Parallels works and i also know that we have to fix a 32bit Windows related installer issue with the next release. so you might want to hold off and wait a couple of days to see if there's a chance to get it running in Virtual Box.
    gs

Get in touch with Profiler online support team here

• "and i also know that we have to fix a 32bit Windows related installer issue with the next release"

Thanks! This sounds like it might be the issue, cause the Kemper does not show up in USB devices. The dll driver file doesn't work.

• I managed to get this working in VirtualBox today. Apologies for any egg sucking here :)

Firstly, it wouldn't work for me when I first tried, turned out the version I had was horribly out of date (I've not has to use Windoze at home for a very long time) - Make sure you're on the latest version of VirtualBox (4.3.6)
    With the Virtual machine loaded, plug the USB-B connector in the back of the Kemper, then plug into the Mac, when you've done that, click the little USB icon in the VirtualBox window (surrounding the windows VM) and click on Kemper Profiler - This will give the VM control of the device and should then install the drivers.

Once that's done, under System / Devices, you should now see 'Profiler'

Again, apologies if the above sounds basic, it's just what I did tonight to get this working.

• Thanks Dave, I did exactly what you had good fortune with, but there is still NO sync with my Kemper Rack. The Profiler shows up in USB devices, which it didn't before, but just syncs with the Rig Exchange only. I have even reinstalled the Rig Manager, but no go!

• So what's the footprint of Parallels and Windows, 7 or 8, combined on the Mac?

I have no use for Windows other than Rig Manager so it's all overhead that's consuming valuable space. The question for me is it worth the loss of useable "on-line" storage, which I need for music and video production or possibly use secondary low speed storage or just forgo the Rig Manager experience.

Gettin' funky up in here..