Rig Manager and Mac

• just have been in a studio here (germany) for first profiles, they heave been VERY impressed and wanted to order two Kemper´s -
    UNTIL i had to disclos: NO MAC support, they turned 100%, <<no MAC - no Hardware, not for "nothing">>....
    and i have to say i still wrangle with my new Kemper to give it back, it´s a nightmare not to have a software support in 2014 that
    IS STANDARD in much much cheaper units, not only the librarian software, even to dial menues and knobs on a unit itself is
    totaly apollo 13.....Guy´s in Hamburg: it´s 2014 and it´s musicians related gear - MAC !!!

anyway, hopefully they WILL wake up, till that day, can anyone def. confirm:
    I-Mac>>Win7/8-Simulation>>Kemper-libriariansoftware .MSI def. WORK ???????????????????
    I have an second I-Mac i could contaminate with windos for a few month.....

thx.....Bud

• Fundamentalism is always bad. So the rant above is quite unnecessary.
    Just so you sleep better:
    The rig Manager works fine on my 2013 MacBook Pro with Parallels/Win7. ;)

• Fundamentalism is always bad. So the rant above is quite unnecessary.
    Just so you sleep better:
    The rig Manager works fine on my 2013 MacBook Pro with Parallels/Win7. ;)

Hi Ingolf, sorry, i didn´t want to afront anyone, IMO "Fundamentalism" is a bit hard for: hey, make it for MAC.....
    anyway, peace, everything is good, i´m happy to see i come to the right time now......
    and thx for Parallels/Info.....

• I'm running a MAC as well. Missed the beta, I'll wait patiently for the working version. Meanwhile, I still don't have enough time in a day to master all of the coolness my KPA has to offer but I'm trying ! :thumbup:

• It's all good, Bud. ;)
    I was just meaning to say: it's the loss of the studio if they refrain from buying a profiler only due to the lack of a Mac librarian at the moment.
    Other studios are way smarter, e.g. the studio of one Michael Wagener.

This is absolutely no question of being smart or else. If you run a studio and have a perfect system and workflow setup, you would be a fool to not at least consider the problems of using a complete different system just for one component. And I doubt a kemper amp being the central and most important element of a studio, as much as I love it.
    No, the music-community is mostly Mac-based. So it is of great importance for a company like Kemper to support the lead platform. I know they have limited ressources, but they'll have to. I for one will not use two operating systems in my recording process. I have no understanding for that, sorry. But I'm sure, Mac-version will be out soon :D

• Yeah, I mean realistically you'd only have to access the RE once every few months to check out what's new. The first time I used RM via Parallels on my Mac, I spent the session sifting through the RE and saving any interesting profiles locally. Once I'd built up a favourites folder, I sifted through it again, weeding out any similar profiles or any that weren't quite up to the same level as the others. That way, I could happily have uninstalled Parallels and Windows (which incidentally was running off of an external drive, not polluting my studio Mac ;) after this one time. From then on, everything else could be done on the Profiler itself, although I concede that the text editing is a pain compared to RM. If professional studios are more worried about the inconvenience of using a few extra seconds to name a rig than the quality of sound and workflow advantages that having a Profiler present, then they're looking at things back to front!

Cheers,
    Sam