Rig Manager and Mac

• Those who wanted the features went with the workaround - all others wait.

It's true, but those workarounds (like Parallels) consume more resources.

Yeah, I mean realistically you'd only have to access the RE once every few months to check out what's new.

I will use the RM to navigate and select rigs that are not loaded into my KPA. I have hundreds of commercial profiles so I'll use it almost every day!

• I mean, that we should use this thread exclusive to bring the long-awaited Mac version through intensive tests in the live mode.
    Everything else is not effective.
    Regards Micha :):)

Edited once, last by mici01 ().

• I mean, that we should use this thread exclusive to bring the long-awaited Mac version through intensive tests in the live mode.
    Everything else is not effective.
    Regards Micha :):)

There are beta threads for this.
    This thread is only for complaints and speculation. ;)

• It's true, but those workarounds (like Parallels) consume more resources.

I will use the RM to navigate and select rigs that are not loaded into my KPA. I have hundreds of commercial profiles so I'll use it almost every day!

Ah, fair enough. I hadn't thought about that kind of workflow. Me, I just keep the profiles that I feel are up to scratch loaded in the Kemper itself. RM I use for browsing the RE quickly and neatly and for storing backups and any 'clean' profiles that have otherwise been edited and saved in the Kemper.

Cheers,
    Sam

• This may be the inner nerd in me talking, but I wonder how hard it would be to port an OS X version to Linux, seeing as how its all mostly Unix anyways under the hood...

I surprised that they didnt go for a RM for OSX at the same time as Windows.

Almost all of the bigger studios are using OSX nowadays, a parallel launch would have been nice. :)

I guess though the Windows guys can be the guinea pigs for a while though..... :thumbup: but Im getting a bit antsy for the OSX version.

• I will write about this only once, since it seems to come up again and again. The reason why we didn't launch for both platforms at the same time is that we have limited resources. It definitely saved some time to finish one platform first, so we could use those experiences for the other one, and directly start implementing the Mac UI upon the platform-independent database code. The development time we saved here was for the benefit of the Profiler software.
    Of course it would have been possible to hold back the Windows version until we are done with the OS X version, and then release both at the same time. But why? Mac users still would have to wait the same time, while Windows users would have to wait longer.
    Why not release for OS X first? Because there is Parallels and other solutions for running Windows apps on a Mac. The other way round it is, at least to my knowledge, difficult and violates Apple's EULA.

Arne