"No Resource Data" Error - then screen goes white

• I tried to update to the latest beta firmware from a prior firmware (not 2.1) The KPA say "KEMPER PROFILER - NO RESOURCES ERROR." I tried holding down the first soft button and turning to tuner, as well as holding down >< and turning to tuner - no go.

Any ideas?

Also, prior to that, the LCD screen would go blank after use - anywhere from 5 to 30 minutes - rebooting fixed that.

Thanks,

Todd
    Ad Infinitum

• This can happen in very rare circumstances during update. Doesn't have to be a big problem to solve. You can contact me by PM and I can explain to fix (burn-and-boot procedure)

Edit: you already held down both <> buttons while switching on? Did you actually:
    - see a message like 'burn and boot'
    - put a usb stick in, with kaos.bin at the rootdir?

• Thanks for the responses. I tried the <> tuner fix and the first soft button fix. I need to " burn and boot" - sounds exciting!

The problem was I had about 3000 profiles on my KPA and haven't updated firmware since CK changed the firmware to have a 1000 profile limit. I was waiting for the librarian to make it easier to "cull the herd."

When I went to update the KPA today, I first wanted to clear the memory ( delete all the profiles which were backed up on my Mac) and just reload the new firmware with a few profiles.

Well, that didn't work out so well. The unit just says NO RESOURCE DATA and won't let me into Maintenance Mode. Support didn't have an answer to clear the memory and load the new firmware. I tried reloading older firmware but that didn't work.

Any help would be appreciated.

You can email the burn process to tjbraverman at optonline dot net.

Big thanks,

Todd
    AdInfinitum

• just to be sure:

- put kaos.bin in the rootdir of a USB stick
    - hold 2 buttons: "PAGE<" and "PAGE>" (both buttons below 'exit') while powering up the KPA

is there a message in the display like 'burn-and-boot'? (It should be displayed within a couple of seconds after power-up, even when the USB stick can't be recognized) When the unit doesn't react at all to this there is something more seriously going on and it could be a CPU board issue.

• Once these problems are fixed -

If you still have 3000+ rigs in your Kemper when 2.3 has been successfully installed, you will have to remove those "extra" 2000+ rigs in multiple steps, if you want to do it in RM from the Kemper.

Rig Manager does not read more than 1000 rigs in the Kemper (mine had over that when I loaded all the new 2.3 version presets).

RM will display 1000 of the rigs - remove some from the Kemper, and then close, and reopen Rig Manager. It will read 1000 rigs from the Kemper.

Delete, and repeat....

A QUICKER WAY TO GET ALL THOSE RIGS: If you have a backup file with those 3000+ rigs (you DO have many of them, don't you), just Mount it in RM, and get the rigs from it, instead.

• I tried updating to the latest beta (2.8) firmware and it failed. The update went along and the KPA rebooted, but then it just stood on the Kemper Profiler splash screen for hours.
    Eventually I turned the unit off and did a boot-and-burn. And yes, I got the message, the firmware updated again and now I'm on the splash screen again with the "No resource data" error.

So what do I do now??

Cheers,
    Tobben

• Ok, it finally went through after another reboot. Don't know if it was a coinicidence, but it went past the splash screen just when I yanked out the USB stick.

Sidenote: the instructions for the v2.8.0 beta firmware tells you to push softbutton 4 in page 8 in the system menu. That can't be right as nothing happens there.
    However, I can push and illuminate softbutton 4 in page 10 - and then I get a completely different sound in some old impulses that I already had in the KPA...
    Off to check out Cabmaker 2.0 and see (hear) how it works. :)

Cheers,
    Tobben