Can't import Till's profiles

• Been using Rig Manager today on my Mac through Parallels -> Windows 7. What an absolute treat it is to use! Most things are working flawlessly for me, however, for some reason I cannot import Tills profiles. I tried "file - import" as well as drag and drop and they don't show up. Also tried to create a separate folder under Local Library and after trying to import them to that folder, it shows 0 rigs. Strange because I've imported a bunch of other profiles to folders I created under Local Library and everything else worked fine.

Anyone else experience this? Or have an idea of what's causing it?

• Hi,

Have you tried exiting the software and restarting it? The behavior you are describing happened quite a lot to me and it seems to be related to renaming folder Inside the Library after which it seems impossible to import any new rigs.

• same here, I can not load the Chimera Pack

Can you provide me with some details? Are you trying to use the Chimera profiles with rig manager? Or do you have problems getting them to your KPA via USB?

The cab files can´t be used in rig manager because it RM only handles rigs, and not cab files.

• Can you provide me with some details? Are you trying to use the Chimera profiles with rig manager? Or do you have problems getting them to your KPA via USB?

The cab files can´t be used in rig manager because it RM only handles rigs, and not cab files.

Hello, I can use them in Kemper, no problem. I made a fw-update, the rigs remains
    What did not work is:
    - I use Mac with Parallels/Win 7
    - I wanted to copy the Chimera Pack from disk to Rig Manager (whole folder, than single rigs) but it does not work
    - I tried to copy the cabs too, does not work

• I'm on Win 7 64 and I can't load them either. I tried drag/dropping individual rig files, the whole "rig" folder, or using File > Import and selecting individual rig files. "Adding Rigs" appears and the progress bar is full (completely green). Just hangs like that and never actually imports. I have restarted the program each time I retried.

• I still cannot import the Tills Chimera rigs. I made sure I was only selecting the actual rigs (no cabs) and tried drag n drop and File -> Import. Doesn't matter whether I select one rig or the entire folder. I can load them from a USB stick in the Kemper itself no problem, but for whatever reason they will not go into Rig Manager. Closed - reopened - rebooted - etc... Nothing seems to work. Mac 10.8.4 -> Parallels 7 -> Windows 7 64-bit.

• I still cannot import the Tills Chimera rigs. I made sure I was only selecting the actual rigs (no cabs) and tried drag n drop and File -> Import. Doesn't matter whether I select one rig or the entire folder. I can load them from a USB stick in the Kemper itself no problem, but for whatever reason they will not go into Rig Manager. Closed - reopened - rebooted - etc... Nothing seems to work. Mac 10.8.4 -> Parallels 7 -> Windows 7 64-bit.

Same here, Win7 64. Can neither import several rigs nor a single one. Rig Manager only says "Adding rigs..."... Can I provide any other information to help? (Gerne auch auf Deutsch^^)

• if you have files which do not import and result in Profiler being unresponsive etc. please send us those file. well, don't send them if you bought them (to be politically correct ;)
    local presets of cabinets etc. cannot be imported for obvious reasons but the ones we threw on RM didn't cause a problem.
    thanks, gs

Get in touch with Profiler online support team here

• I had the same problem (initially). I had the profiles loaded onto my Kemper, and I was able to import them to the RM from the Kemper - this suggested to me that there was nothing wrong with the profiles.

I then realised that it didn't work initially as I was trying to import the files directly from the .zip file Till provided me with - I think you may have to extract the profiles first (if you haven't done so already) and then import the extracted profiles, rather than working directly in the .zip file.

• I figured this out:

The FILE PATH needed to have the ' (that's an apostrophe) character removed. However, it was because it was one of those slanted apostrophes, not a normal one (I'm sure this was M$'s fault at some point in the line). I replaced it with a normal apostrophe (using Windows Explorer), and they imported fine. If you put the rig files in a different directory than what Till packaged them in, you probably imported them fine. But if you unzipped to a folder with the same name as the zip (like I did), you probably could not import.

The FILE NAME of each rig also has an apostrophe, but it's the normal kind, not the @#$@#$@#$ slanted one. I tried it every possible way and that was the issue.

• I figured this out:

The FILE PATH needed to have the ' (that's an apostrophe) character removed. However, it was because it was one of those slanted apostrophes, not a normal one (I'm sure this was M$'s fault at some point in the line). I replaced it with a normal apostrophe (using Windows Explorer), and they imported fine. If you put the rig files in a different directory than what Till packaged them in, you probably imported them fine. But if you unzipped to a folder with the same name as the zip (like I did), you probably could not import.

The FILE NAME of each rig also has an apostrophe, but it's the normal kind, not the @#$@#$@#$ slanted one. I tried it every possible way and that was the issue.

Thanks a lot my friend, this was already giving me a headache, since the rigs work fine inside my RM. i guess it has to do with some conversion during a FTP Upload or download. I will rename the ZIP File ASAP.

Cheers,

Till

• No problem, dude. Hope it helped some folks out.

If I didn't explain this clearly enough, when I extracted the zip file, I extracted into a folder with the same name:
    "Till's_Chimera_Pack_20131014".
    ....^
    See that apostrophe. It is FUBAR. Delete it or replace it with a normal apostrophe. Or move the "rigs" folder inside of it to a location outside of that folder.

Once you do that, you can import however you want - drag-drop the rig files, drag-drop the parent folder, or use File > Import. Just remember - Rig Manager cannot import cab files. In my experience this causes the program to hang, preventing you from importing any rigs. Also, you can't drag drop a folder with nested folders inside of it. So If you want the rig located at FolderA\FolderB\Rig_File.kipr, you cannot drag drop Folder A into RM or it won't import Rig_File.kipr.