Stymphalian Productions - Darkglass B7K Pack

• Excuse the poor bass playing...I had absolutely no idea what to play!

If anybody grabs this, be sure to check out the readme in the zip. All profiles can be cleaned up nicely just by tweaking the gain knob so it's not all brutal.

Thanks!

Listen here:

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Six profiles of one of the most sought after bass distortion pedals....the Darkglass B7K recorded at Stymphalian Productions, York, UK by James Stephenson.

This pack contains the following profiles:

- Blenderman
    - Earthquake
    - Pistonhead
    - Sinkhole
    - CrunchyDirt
    - SteelworksGrinder

Please visit the Big Cartel page to purchase:

http://theblackstymphalian.bigcartel.com/

For more info please visit my Facebook & website:

http://www.stymphalianproductions.co.uk

http://www.facebook.com/stymphalianproductions

Edited once, last by Jaymz ().

• For those not aware, 2.3 adds the ability for Stomps A and B to be arranged in parallel to the rest of the signal chain. This is useful to add an EQ and compressor effect to the DI signal, to get it to blend into the wet signal. Use it to fill in the low end for heavily distorted profiles like these with that grinding distortion that's necessarily focused higher in the spectrum and lacks a strong bass fundamental.

While you can use Stomps A and B for any effects, I think Compressor and EQ is most useful. These will allow you to blend the DI signal with the wet signal optimally, so that it sounds like a single bass, not two distinct basses playing on top each other. You want the DI signal loud enough, but you don't want the transients to clip your KPA or your DAW or any other external gear. That's where the compressor helps. And you want to EQ the tone as basically a crossover between the DI and wet signal. So shelve or low-pass the highs on the DI. The wet signal shouldn't have too much low end, so no need to shelve or high-pass any lows.

• As a word of warning, I tried to load the profiles into my Kemper with the 0 byte sized along with them through rig manager and it made RM crash. Also I'm not sure if this is related to the crash during upload, but when I try to browse through profiles with the arrow keys on the Kemper it freezes and won't load the next profile anymore. Works normally with the browse knob.

• Ok it should be ok now...

Feel free to use the same download link in the confirmation emails to get the pack again, 100% working this time :P Thanks for letting me know!

I bought this pedal close to its release which is why it looks a bit different from the B7K's that you can buy now....great pedal, used it on many releases.

• A good friend of mine recorded a song with one of your bass profiles yesterday and I had the pleasure of mixing it. Didn´t have to do much really, the track just fitted in there perfectly. Took out some of the highest frequencies and those that would have interfered with the bass drum and that was it. Took me a minute and it was sitting perfectly in the mix! These are really brilliant!

• Yeah these are the shit. Great work man. Best bass profiles I've heard so far. My MM SR5 sounds huge through these. Question....did you use this preamp into a cab? Or is it just the pedal?

• I just tried on Mobile Safari on my iPhone and while I didn't purchase anything just to test the issue, I can see all the functionality as when I bought the pack (links to all the different profile packs work, add to cart button, etc.). Try refreshing the page. Maybe check javascript/security settings?

...or download Firefox/Chrome ;)

• Hiya Jaymz,

I bought this Bass pack and it sounds great! I had a Bass question though. I'm a guitarist but I do have a Carvin Bass that I play every so often but I have never changed the factory strings on it. I like to use a pick and I wanted to get some fresh new strings. My bass is a 4 string and I find the low E string buzzes quite a bit but the other strings sound pretty clear. Anyway I was reading that there are different types of Bass strings for different styles and since I play with a pick it might be wise to get a set of strings that are best suited for pick playing rather than finger style technique. In your opinion what kind of strings should I get and is there any recommended brand that metal players generally like to use for pick style? I also welcome opinions from anyone else who reads this.

Thanks!

• I always use steel strings on my bass....it's rougher on the fingers but it has that bell like top end and plenty of clang (great for metal). Try a set of D'addario Pro Steels...those are decently priced too.

I recommend!